chapter ten ︎♡

In the morning Lu Yue wakes up first. He stepped out
for a bit and then he came back. Soon Luo Mei wakes. She goes to feel for Lu Yue on the right side of the bed but she doesn't feel him.
Luo Mei- Lu Yue? He did it again, didn't he? Ugh!
   She goes to sit up after she says that. She doesn't see Lu Yue at first.
Lu Yue- Baby, I'm right here.
Luo Mei- (she looks at him) You... you almost scared me. Why aren't you next to me? Did you leave?
Lu Yue- I did, because I was hungry but I wanted to wait until you woke up.
Luo Mei- I want us to go out today.
Lu Yue- What? We went out yesterday. Why can't we just stay at the base and have alone time here?
Luo Mei- But I want us to go out more as a couple. I know it's all we know is being alone together but now we can go out and do things as a couple would.
Lu Yue- Really? It is all we know, I was just used it. And missed it.
Luo Mei- (she pulls him closer to her & holds onto him) I know. I miss it too. Do you want to?
Lu Yue- I mean, I've always wanted to go out like couples but we never could. If anyone who knows us saw, it would probably get back to your father and... (he goes to press his forehead to hers) He would really forbid us from being together. We were lucky enough to even be friends. If he knew we've had physical contact... I... I don't want to know what would happen. So we avoided going out.
Luo Mei- I know. It scared me what my father could do and I know I can't lose you... I can't.
Lu Yue- I can't either.
Luo Mei- Yue Yue, how about this: we can reminisce together today and we can go out tomorrow.
Lu Yue- Okay. I like that.
Luo Mei- Really? Then, I'll go get ready.
Lu Yue- (he looks back at her) Can I get a morning kiss first?
Luo Mei- In your dreams.
She gets out of bed, slips into her slippers, and walks out the door after she says that and before Lu Yue could stop her.
Later, Luo Mei comes out of her bathroom. She got ready for the day hoping Lu Yue would in to wait for her but she doesn't see him there.
She even goes to look in his room and she doesn't find him, just their cat on the bed licking his paws.
Luo Mei- Qiǎokèlì piàn, where'd your pa go? Come, let's go find him.
She walks out the door and the cat follows her. They make it to the stairs and walk down them. Luo Mei gets to the bottom and doesn't see Lu Yue at his computer.
-
this is the outfit Luo Mei is wear:

-Luo Mei- Lu Yue? Where are you?Lu Yue- Lu Mei, I'm over here

-
Luo Mei- Lu Yue? Where are you?
Lu Yue- Lu Mei, I'm over here.
She goes to walk over to where he is. The cat followed her. He looks up at her.
Lu Yue- Woah.
Luo Mei- Is there something wrong?
Lu Yue- No. Come sit.
Luo Mei- Okay.
She goes to sit down on his lap. He holds onto her tight.
Lu Yue- Woah. I didn't mean there but okay.
She takes his phone from him.
Lu Yue- Hey!
Luo Mei- You really like my outfit?
Lu Yue- Yes. You look cute in it.
Luo Mei- That all?
Lu Yue- You look very beautiful. What about me?
Luo Mei- I knew you were going to say that. Beautiful.
Lu Yue- Give me my phone back??
Luo Mei- No. I can't do that.
Lu Yue- Luo Mei.
Luo Mei- No Lu Mei?
Lu Yue- Give me back my phone.
Luo Mei- No. (she reaches the phone out to Lao Mao) Mao, take handsome's phone for me?
Old Cat- Okay. (he goes to take it)
Once he does that Lu Yue pulls Luo Mei down on the sofa.
Luo Mei- What have I done to get this treatment?
Lu Yue- You... you wouldn't give me back my phone and then you give it to Lao Mao.
Luo Mei- Oh? I did?
Lu Yue- Yes.
Luo Mei- Mao's being cute right now not you.
Lu Yue- What did you just say? Say it again.
Old Cat- Oh, thanks, Luo Mei.
Lu Yue- Old Cat, don't thank Luo Mei for that! She's not supposed to say that about you.
Luo Mei- (she goes to hold his face & moves it to look at her) Ooooh.
Lu Yue- How dare you say that?
Luo Mei- Lu Yue, your cheeks are warm but still really smooth and soft.
Lu Yue- Why do you think they are?
Luo Mei- Oooooooohh. Old Cat, I think handsome wants something.
Old Cat- What would that be?
Luo Mei- No wonder his cheeks are so warm.
He goes straight down to bite her lip.
Lu Yue- I'll bite you again if you want me to.
Luo Mei- I'll tell.
Lu Yue- Who can you tell? Old Cat and Old K are the only ones here.
Luo Mei- I can call your brother on the phone.
Lu Yue- No you will not.
Luo Mei- Yeah huh.
She slips from him. She goes to lean up against the table close to where Old K's computer is.
Old K- Luo Mei, is Lu Yue being mean to you?
Luo Mei- Uh-huh. We have to call SiCheng. Lu Yue isn't being very nice to me.
Lu Yue- (he's up in her face now) Say that again.
Old Cat- We could call Mrs. Lu.
Lu Yue- (he looks at Old Cat) Don't you dare call my mother?!
Luo Mei- Who said to put ma-ma Lu into this? Baby, we were just joking.
Old K- I wasn't.
Lu Yue tries to do something to Old K but Luo Mei stops him by saying something.
Luo Mei- Hayy. Lu Yue, can you get me something to eat for breakfast? I'm hungry.
Lu Yue- (he looks at her) You have to say it like that? I can, cara mia. (..., my darling. <french translation to english)
Luo Mei- Thank you, mon amour. (she says with a smile) | (..., my love. <french translation to english)
He goes to walk off after that.
Old K- Was that French? Since when does Lu Yue speak French? I didn't know he knew the language.
Luo Mei- There's a lot you don't about Lu Yue. He knows French because of me. He always loved learning with me and I with him, so we learned French together.
Old K- Oh.
Old Cat- What did you guys say?
Luo Mei- Lu Yue said, "my darling." And I said, "my love."
Lu Yue- (he's there now close in front of her) You talking about me?
He feeds her something and she eats it.
Luo Mei- Mhmm.
Lu Yue- Would you stop?!
Luo Mei- (she looks at him) What am I doing wrong?
Lu Yue- I'm already too close to you, would you just stop acting like that. I might...
Luo Mei- Lu Yue, you know I'm not doing anything wrong because what ever do, you... (she sees Yang Lian) Yang Lian?
Lu Yue- What?
She pulls away from him and walks towards Yang Lian.
Luo Mei- What are you doing here? (she sees Lu Soyean & then she sees Chuxi Shi) Lu Soyean? And Chuxi Shi?? What...? Why are you all here?
Lu Soyean- What? You're not happy to see us??
Luo Mei- I wasn't saying that.
Lu Yue- (he comes up close behind her & puts something in front of her) Kitten, you're milk tea.
Luo Mei- (she takes it) Thank you, baby.
He kisses her on the cheek, wraps his arm around her, and she starts to drink it.
Yang Lian- We're taking you out.
Luo Mei- W-why??
Lu Soyean- Yang and I can't take you out?
Luo Mei- B-but... Lu Yue and I... we were... we had plans.
Yang Lian- Well, there going to have to be delayed.
Lu Yue- Are you really going to take Luo Mei away?
Lu Soyean- Brother, we're bring her back.
Lu Yue- You better.
Luo Mei- I'll have to go get ready.
Lu Yue- Luo Mei, you're not agreeing to going, are you?
Luo Mei- As they said they're being me back.
She slips away from him and goes to walk upstairs. When she comes back down, she sees Lu Yue waiting for her at the bottom.
Luo Mei- Don't make that face.
Lu Yue- I don't want you to go.
Yang Lian- (she pulls Luo Mei away from him) We're bring her back.
Luo Mei- I love you.
Lu Yue- I love you.
The girls leave. Chuxi Shi walks over to Lu Yue and pats him on the shoulder.
Chuxi Shi- I feel the same. Lu Soyean and I had plans today too but Yang Lian wanted to have a girls day.
Lu Yue- So they trade you for Luo Mei?
Chuxi Shi- I guess so.
God Ming- Maybe we could all do something.
Luo Mei ends up spending the whole day with Yang Lian and Lu Soyean. Then they go to Yang Lian's place.
Yang Lian- Oh, did I forget to tell you? We're having a sleepover.
Luo Mei- But you were supposed to bring me back to Lu Yue.
Yang Lian- No I wasn't.
Lu Soyean- My brother can go a night without you. I swear all he wants to do is be alone with you.
Luo Mei- It's just what we're use to. You know how it used to be.
Lu Soyean- Don't worry. Yang Lian and I planned to set them off.
Luo Mei- What?
Yang Lian- We're messing with them.
Lu Soyean- Yeah. Sister, when are you becoming my sister-in-law??
Luo Mei- What? You've been dying to ask me that all day, haven't you?
Lu Soyean- Yes. There's no one else for my brother. Of course, you will be.
Luo Mei- Are you saying I have to?
Lu Soyean- Yes.
Luo Mei- I really don't.
Lu Soyean- Yes. You. Do. I know there's no one else in this world that my brother would marry except you. You practically are married to my brother already.
Yang Lian- Luo Mei, are you saying you don't want to marry Lu Yue?
Luo Mei- (she doesn't hesitate) No, I'm not. I just love what Lu Soyean is saying. It's really what you think?
Lu Soyean- Yes. I know you're the only person my brother would want to marry.
Luo Mei- I want to.
Lu Soyean- Has he asked you?
Luo Mei- What?
Yang Lian- He had to of, spring is almost over.
Lu Soyean- Sister, the ring.
Luo Mei- That's the promise ring.
Lu Soyean- No. On your other hand.
Luo Mei- It's just a random ring I'm wearing.
Lu Soyean- Sister, are you blind? That's an engagement ring. When did he ask you?
Luo Mei- I didn't want to tell anyone yet.
Yang Lian- He did?!
Lu Soyean- Come on, Mei? You can tell us. Your sisters.
Luo Mei- It's not like it's a secret. It was like two days ago.
Yang Lian- What?!
Lu Soyean- Luo Mei?! Have you been holding out on us?
Luo Mei- Sorry.
Yang Lian- It's okay.
Luo Mei- But when Lu Yue and I tell everyone, please acted surprised? I don't want them to know you both knew first.
Lu Soyean- Of course.
Luo Mei- (she checks her phone) I need to go to the bedroom. (she starts to get up)
Lu Soyean- Are you going to bed?
Luo Mei- Yeah.
   She walks off and goes to the room she will be sleeping in. She goes to get into the bed and waits for Lu Yue to call her.
-
this is her nightwear that she's wearing: