Chapter 4: The Intertwined Souls

When Akshu watched the artists perform, she felt a strong desire to sing too. Although she sang almost every day, she still felt as if she was singing for the first time.

She did instrumental melodies to calm down and sang to relax and prevent panic attacks. Her personal experience with mental health was the primary reason why she chose to study music therapy because she wanted to heal people with her music.

She recently began uploading her music on streaming platforms and got a good response from listeners, at least that's what she thought. She had close to a million listeners, which meant a lot to her.

Not even her family knew that she did music other than for therapy and she wanted to keep it that way. Putting out music is one of the bravest things Akshu has ever accomplished, especially given her shy nature.

Slowly, she walked to a tranquil place where she could sit and hum her song without being disturbed.

When Akshu started singing, she didn't know that today, without knowing it, she was going to change a person's life permanently.

Ooo
Oooo

---++---

Abhi was driving and was mildly frustrated to change routes more than once because of heavy traffic. After changing routes, he eventually found a route with less traffic. That road included the lake bridge, which he liked to visit in his spare time to walk while listening to music.

Ooooo

When he was crossing the bridge, he heard a very familiar and heavenly voice. For a second, he felt stunned and his heartbeat accelerated when he realized it was the same voice that helped him sleep every night for the last three months. Suddenly, he stopped the bike and got off it in a hurry.

He didn't understand his motive for taking the action and was left in a state of confusion by it. As if the melodious singing of Sukoon was calling to him, he felt that if he didn't look for her today he would regret it later on greatly.

O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan
O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan
( Oh Lord Krishna, now play a melodious tune of your flute. (×2))

If his gut feeling and hearing were right, the voice was coming from the banks of the lake. He crossed the bridge and headed in that direction.

Main Hu Teri, Prem Deewani
Mujhko Tu Pehchaan
(I am crazy in Your love, please recognize me)
Madhur Suna Do Taan
(Play a melodious tune)
O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan
(O Lord Krishna, now play a melodious tune on Your flute)

What caught his attention the most was even after listening to her music so many times, he's never heard such raw pain in her singing before. Even her beautiful voice couldn't disguise the loneliness and longing that came pouring out as she sang her heart out

Jabse Tum Sang Maine Apne
Naina Jod Liye Hai
(Since I have linked my eyes with Yours)
Kya Maiya Kya Babul Sabse
Rishte Thod Liye Hai
(I've broken all relations with everyone including my mother and my father)

He was running as if his life depended on finding her as if she were the destination he was looking for.

Tere Milan Ko, Vyakul Hai Ye
Kabse Mere Praan
(My soul is anxious due to the wait to meet You)
Madhur Suna Do Taan
(Play a melodious tune)
O Kaanha, Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan
(O Lord Krishna, now play a melodious tune on Your flute)