Chapter 5: Hired And Tired

This is Akshu's look for the day!

The next morning, Akshu awoke early and after a brief breakfast in the dining area and some lively chit-chat with Mimi and Bade Papa, she went back to concentrating on her music and stayed in her room till early noon.

Akshu was always like this; she did all of her work in one sitting when the mood hit her, and in her leisure time, she visited various NGOs to help individuals in desperate need of music therapy, particularly children and the elderly. Akshu was dedicated, and she volunteered for endless hours to play music for those in need. She had previously learned how to assess a patient in need of music therapy and what type of music would be most beneficial to them. Akshu appreciated that her work was meaningful and made a difference in the lives of many people, and she was now looking for a position of the same kind in Udaipur. She applied to numerous non-profit organisations and hospitals but was not accepted until an NGO called "Music Cures," a goodwill initiative organised by a large hospital, phoned her up for an appointment. The interview was scheduled for two days later, and Akshu felt both nervous and delighted. But she still hadn't told her family; when she learned about Aaru's internship plans, she was overjoyed for her and forgot to tell them.

After Akshu finished writing her lyrics, she went to her streaming platform artist account and uploaded her song "Kanha," which she opted to release this week. She mentally patted herself on the back in praise, and a contented look appeared on her face.

Akshu went downstairs to stretch her aching muscles. Her family was joyfully conversing and joking as she stepped into the kitchen. She had finally decided to inform them of her approaching interview.

"ATTENTION! ATTENTION!!!" Akshu exclaimed, a grin on her face.

Everyone glanced at her, puzzled and she continued "I got a call from the NGO 'Music Cures,' where I applied for the head music therapist post, and before coming to Udaipur, I got a call from them to set up an appointment, which I totally forgot about after hearing Aaru's excellent news and just now remembered to tell you," Akshu explained."

After a brief moment of surprise, all of her family members congratulated her and eagerly embraced her. Akshu was overjoyed, and her face lit up with excitement at seeing her family thrilled for her. "I'm very proud of my bachi," Mimi said, making the Thu Thu Thu gesture to fend off evil and hugging Akshu.

"Haa Akshu Beta, you brightened our day with this news." Suvarna stroked Akshu's cheeks with motherly affection.

Mimi and Suvarna were also pleased because now that Akshu has a job in Udaipur, her prospects of remaining with them are better, and the hope that she will not leave them again is becoming a reality.

"When is your interview?" inquired a pleased Manish.

"It's the day after tomorrow, Bade Papa," said an ecstatic Akshu.

"Akshu Beta, I am extremely proud of you!" Kairav, who was overjoyed, embraced her. Akshu couldn't contain her joy and thanked Kairav for knowing how important this was to her.