Long way home

As soon as Adira got in the car, she quickly wound the window up, her teeth chattering loudly as she tried to warm herself up by rubbing her hands along her arms. Her goosebumps still hadn't left, despite no longer being out in the open but a bit of the colour had returned to her face. 

Her hair was a little dishelveled from the wind blowing through it, her mascara was a little smudged because the cool air had made her eyes water and her clothes were slightly damp. Billy on the other hand, had his jacket on and the window down, he had been enjoying the cool air on his face as he drove around Hawkins. 

Billy chuckled at the sight, reaching forwards and turning the heater up to the max level before taking his jacket off, "here ya go sweetheart," he told her then handed the jacket over to her. Despite what others may think, Billy wasnt usually one to just hand his jacket out to random girls, but how could he not when a pretty little thing like Adira Harrington was sitting in the car next to him on the verge of freezing to death?

She looked over at the jacket and shook her head politely, "no thank you," she muttered, shaking her head and turning her body in the direction of the door, staring out the window. It was something she did when she had just got into an arugment with whoever was in the drivers seat or whenever she felt uncomfortable. 

There was no way that she was going to take that jacket; god knows how many other girls he had given it to recently. She wasnt stupid, she knew he was a player and the last thing that she wanted was to end up on his long list of 'bed buddys' 

Billy raised his eyebrow at the girls actions, putting his jacket down into his lap and then driving off, not bothering to check the road for incoming cars as he did so. Adira shuffled in her seat a few times, trying to get more comfortable, but she was unable to do so due to the fact that she felt so uncomftable in the presence of Billy Hargrove, especially when it was just the two of them. 

Billy continued to let his eyes switch between the road and the girl as he drove across the gravel. He could tell that she was scared, and he was sure that it more than likely had something to do with the fact that they were going to a dealer's house. "There is nothing to be worried about. The dude goes to our school, Eddie Munson or something," Billy muttered out to her, hoping that it may calm her nerves a bit

Adira instantly recognised the name and felt slightly better about the whole situation. She knew Eddie, she didn't really know him that well but she did know him well enough to know that this wasn't going to be a dangerous situation for them.

"I didn't even realise that Eddie sold drugs... then again, I haven't really spoken to him in a few years," Adira muttered softly, talking more to herself than she was to Billy. It's weird how you can go from being friends with someone one year and then not speaking to them the next. He was a couple of years older than her, but they had been in the same school activites and had even done a play together a few years ago. 

"And then after that, I can take you straight home to that big ol' mansion of yours," Eddie chuckled. His family had never had much money and never really settled down anywhere. He was a firm believer that everyone with money was a stuck up idiot with an ego to match the size of their bank account. 

He wasnt aware of how much Adira hated living in that big house... how lonely she felt. Steve and Adira Harrington would do anything to have a normal life. To have a normal house with normal parents, but this was just the hand that they had been dealt. 

Adira still hadnt said anything back to him, so he decided to take a different approach. He was beginning to get slightly annoyed, it wasnt everyday that a girl ignored him, usally they were throwing themself at him, but now here they were, out the back of Hawkins alone and all she was doing was turning away from him, staring out the window in silence.