SAVE ME

Chishiya cleaned up his office. Today he was supposed to get a new patient, a special case. It was his first time there, but he had visited many other facilities before. Actually, he was not supposed to come for a few days, but the night before he was pulled out of the Sumida River by a couple. This was, according to his records, his fifth suicide attempt, but Chishiya was almost certain there were more.

Chishiya's office was always sterile and clean, many patients didn't like it, a few even panicked because it reminded them so much of a hospital, usually forgetting they were in one.

A little later than agreed, a soft and hesitant knock sounded. Chishiya opened the door. "You must be Suguru Niragi" Chishiya's voice had no emotion, a ploy he had taken to test how his patients would react.

The person in front of Chishiya was taller than him, but seemed tiny due to his head being tucked in and his hands playing with each other. When Chishiya didn't get a response, he stepped aside a bit and gave the bespectacled man room to enter. "I'll take that as confirmation" Niragi entered hesitantly and glanced around unobtrusively. Chishiya, however, had been doing this job for a bit and was watching him closely. The taller one seemed to relax at the sterile sight which was rare.

"Sit down" the blond closed the door and sat down at his desk, where soon a dark blop sat in front of him.

"My name is Shuntaro Chishiya, I prefer to be called simply Chishiya. What can I call you?" Chishiya didn't even expect an answer but was surprised with a soft, slightly slurred "Niragi"

The corners of Chishiya's mouth strayed towards his eyes for a brief moment before he regained his composure and continued to speak neutrally, "I am a person who always speaks their mind Niragi, and I will now explain something to you," after a small pause he continued, "I am of the opinion only speaking people can be helped. If you don't want to talk to me that's okay, but then you are wrong with me. I don't want to waste your time or mine, if you don't want to talk to me I can give you the contacts of my colleagues who are specialized in non-verbal therapy, but I can't help you in that case."

Niragi looked aghast. It was the first time someone had told him this directly what to expect. Others probably would have felt mistreated or would have run out immediately, but Niragi recognized a certain care in Chishiya's words. The blond had chosen this job for a reason.

The bespectacled man's gaze softened and he nodded before startling himself slightly as if something had occurred to him. "Okay... I'll talk to you" his slightly nasal, soft voice rang out.

Chishiya only noticed now that Nirgai had a cold, but after a couple minutes in freezing water, it was no surprise. The smaller one was pleasantly surprised and smiled slightly, "Very nice. I think it would be best if you first tell me what you want to reveal about yourself so far. I have your records but I wouldn't want anyone to just read my life story."

And so Nirgai spilled. Not much and not long, in between he got lost in his thoughts, but for now Chishiya was satisfied. When the game designer, as Chishiya found out, fell silent they still had a few minutes left.

"How about some kind of 20 questions? One asks a question and we both have to answer it, unless it's too uncomfortable. Agreed?" Niragi nodded.

"Very well. I'll start. Hmmmm, favorite song? Mine is Superbase by Nicki Minaj" Chishiya had barely spoken when the usually quiet man burst into, for him, loud laughter.

"I-I'm sorry but t-that's not what I was expecting." He continued to chuckle quietly behind his hand. Chishiya thought it suited him and he set his sights on bringing that laughter back to life for good.

When the black haired calmed down he spoke, "I like We are by OneOkRock" his voice had returned to the soft whisper.

"Good taste I see" To Chishiya his words didn't mean much but Niragi was shocked. The last serious compliment he had received was years ago.

♠️♦️♣️♥️♠️♦️♣️♥️

A few weeks had past. Niragi had completed half of his stay already and felt better than ever. Far not well enough to be left unsupervised with sharp objects but fine enough to tell Chishiya what happened freely. He cried a lot but laughter weren't to rare either.

Sometimes Chishiya would hug him and he would calm down. Other times the blond would tickle him until he couldn't breath no more because of laughter. He felt light and relieved in his therapists presence, couldn't wait for the next appointment to spill more. Every time he revealed something to Chishiya he came to understand the flaws in his thinking. Even though it was tough to speak sometimes the blond always waited patiently till Niragi would form sentences, not allowing other ways of expression.

Chishiya was pleased with Niragi's progress. Every time the black haired laughed he would smile involuntary and tried his best to cheer him up when he cried. Normally Chishiya wouldn't touch his patients much but with Niragi it felt so natural. He even smiled more which creeped his colleagues out.

"What's with you lately, Chishiya?" Kuina the sexy secretary asked. 

"What do you mean, Kuina?" He mocked her.

She rolled her eyes. "You've been in a conspicuously good mood lately. What girl is it?"

"Girl? Firstly, Kuina I'm gay you know secondly no one. I work all the time, remember?"

Suddenly she gasp."Is it a patient of yours?!" Now she squealed "How cute!"

"The fuck Kuina? That's illegal and I know you know that too" The blond sighed.

"You didn't deny it though" she smirked 

"Yes, I didn't Kuina" Kuina was shocked. She just meant to tease Chishiya, she never expected him to really like someone an patient on top.

"W-what are you going to do about it?" She asked carefully.

"Nothing" Chishiya answered dejected.

Their story ends here...

Or does it?