Newt X Reader- Late: PART 1

Heya Gladers! I had this idea and I thought it was really cute
Hope you like it :)

Newts pov:

All of the Gladers were crowded round the doors, silently waiting, hoping for Minho and Alby's return. They had gone to retrace Ben's footsteps from his banishment the night before and were yet to return. I was scared for my friends, they were still out there and there was nothing I could do but wait. Chuck, Thomas, and Gally were to my right, Y/N on my left. I glanced at their eyes and each of them were fixed on the empty corridor before us.
I bit my lip nervously, I couldn't bare it without them and their company. And I knew it was selfish, but I didn't wat to take charge in Alby's place either.

The doors burst into life, metal grinding against metal, a gust of wind caused us to squint and look away a little. I was terrified. I reached out and interetwined my fingers with Y/N's, she squeezed my hand gently.
Thomas pointed and called out "There!" All eyes followed his finger and two silhouettes had emerged from the corner, one was carrying the other and they were struggling. Minho cried out desperately as he dragged Albys body towards the ever-closing doors. Gladers called out trying to encourage him but it was hopeless, I knew he wouldn't make it.
A blur of movement obscured my view and Thomas was on the move, "Thomas no!" Chuck called, but he wasn't listening.
Suddenly Y/N's lips pressed onto mine, she kissed me and I kissed back. It was short and soon over, and it felt amazing. "Y/N...what-?" But I didn't finish, she was straight after Thomas. She got through the gap and I took in what she was doing. "Y/N!" I screamed, my eyes watery, I was about to run after her but Gally grabbed me, I tried to struggle from his grasp "Newt! Calm it, you can't go in there!" He shouted "I'm sorry..." He added, his voice softer than before. "NO!" I screamed again, squirming in his grip, I caught a glimpse of her teary eyes before the doors boomed shut.

Gally let me go and I collapsed in a heap leaning up against the tightly sealed doors. I weeped and screamed, hammering on them desperately, I knew they wouldn't open. She was gone. Y/N was gone.