Newt X Reader: Friends and Paradise

Heya! I can't believe I now have over 500 reads!!! Thank you so much Gladers! I love you all ^__^

This is another one from my Tumblr with Teresa X Thomas aswell. Remember you can always request for both imagines and preferences, just message me or find me in my Tumblr:
http://dreamgazing-for-books.tumblr.com

Enjoy!

Paradise.

Finally.

You hugged Teresa with all your might and she did back. Squealing with delight, your best friend jumps up and down grinning. "We made it Y/N!".
"I know! I can't believe it!" You grin back, you couldn't imagine ever letting the smile go. It felt incredible.

Paradise was exactly that, it was like living in all the capital cities at once, with freedom, friendship, and people who shared the same back stories of the horrors of the sun flares.

Lunch time arrived and you and Teresa wanted to eat whilst exploring the city. Massive skyscrapers loomed over head and smaller, yet just as impressive buildings, filled the gaps. "We've been through a lot together Y/N." Teresa announced after a while of comfortable silence.
"Sure have." You agreed, nodding slowly as your eyes danced about their sockets, unsure of which intriguing landmark to look at first. "Which is why I'm going to tell you something which you must never tell another soul." Teresa stopped dead in her tracks and leaned up against a massive oak tree. "Okay..?" You say, watching her curiously.
"I think I'm in love with Thomas." She admitted, smiling with embarrassment. "Duh." You shrugged, smirking.
" 'Duh'? What do you mean 'duh' "? She asked, throwing her hands in the air.
" I mean come on, it was obvious." You insist.
"Really? Whoops...Should I tell him? Or not...?" Teresa fumbled over her words and you rolled your eyes. "Listen, I'll help you out if you help me out." You suggest, feeling your cheeks flood a rosey red before having even said it. Just the thought of him made you blush.
"Deal." She settles it quickly.
"Okay...Sop you think you're in love with Thomas, well I think I'm in love with Newt." You smile sheepishly having said his name.
"Awwwwww!!!" She squeals.
"Shut up." You snap half heartedly and bow your head.
"Okay, I recon we should find them." Teresa begins to construct your supposed plan. "And then what...!" You ask, having found a major loop hole in the plan. "Improvise I guess." She shrugged.
"Oh wow yeah great master plan there Teresa." You mumble.
"Thank you." She takes the compliment regardless of the sarcasm.

NEWTS POV:
Me and Thomas start talking about everything, going over what happened. Taking it all in. "We're here Tommy. Bloody paradise." I sigh, leaning back so I was lying down on the grass. He did the same next to me. "I can't believe we're actually here." He admitted, letting out a laugh of disbelief.
"Listen Tommy. Don't say a bloody word to anyone. Not even a blade of grass can know, understand me?" I say sternly.
"Know what?" He asks, curious and oblivious as ever.
"About Y/N." I say, not wanting to actually spell out the awkward truth.
"What about Y/N?" Thomas became confused. Nothing new. I sigh heavily and raise an eyebrow at him "Use your noggin' Tommy."
"No seriously- Oh. Do you...? No. You don't? Do you?" Finally, he understood.
"Yeah. I do. Not a word. Not. A. Bloody. Word." I make it crystal clear.
"Okay well so long as you don't tell anyone about Teresa." He offered.
I never even considered Thomas having a crush on someone. He liked Teresa? I guess I can see that working to be honest. "Deal." I say, laughing a little.

YOUR POV:
You grab Teresa's hand and drag her over to where Newt and Thomas were after about ten minutes of her refusing. "Just do it." You whisper, watching from the sidelines. Teresa says something to Newt and he walks off to leave them alone, he heads towards where you were stood. Oh no. You could feel your heart racing. You kept your eyes fixed on Thomas and Teresa, determined to look causual, where as in actual fact you were barely acknowledging that they were there. You could see from the corner of your eye that Newt was getting closer. You couldn't even blink. This was ridiculous! Why were you so scared?! He stood next to you "Hey Y/N, I haven't seen you all day. How's Paradise?" He asked, gulping loudly. Eventually you dragged your eyes away from Teresa and Thomas and turned to face Newt. "Hey. It's going great actually. It's huge!" You say, laughing nervously. "I wonder if she'll say yes. Or reject." Newt wondered to himself. "Thomas likes Teresa?" You ask, happy for your best friend.
"Yeah, a lot."
"She likes him a lot too." You nod at them and point. Newt follows your finger to see them kissing. He laughs awkwardly, "Well I guess she does hah..."
"Have you ever kissed someone?" Newt asks, probably trying to make conversation. "Me? No." You answer quickly and truthfully.
"Can I kiss you?" Newt asks, emphasising the 'I'. You stop. Did he just? But before you could even answer his lips crashed against yours, at first you were shocked and then you kissed back. You could feel the corners of his mouth turn up and yours did the same.

1 WEEK LATER
You were talking happily with Teresa and Thomas, their fingers were interweaved with each others, they made an adorable couple. They went to go and find Minho, leaving you alone for a moment. You hesitated on what to do when two gentle arms hugged you from behind and a face buried into your neck. "Hey, love." Newt whispered, turning you in his gentle grip to face him. You lean in and your lips meet. "I love you Newt." You say when they part. "I love you too Y/N." He smiles, taking your hand, he squeezes it gently and you do the same back, "Let's go find the others, and save some poor girl from Minho." Newt suggested. You laughed at his sad but true comment on Minho and head off towards the food huts. Together.