Newt X Reader: Paradise Part 1

Hey Guys!
Another Newt one for all you Trackhoe lovers out there ;)

This is another one from my Tumblr requested by Anonymous
It's a little sad and I wasn't completely sure in how to end it so I hope it suits you guys :)

Enjoy! ^__^

(Also, I recommend you listen to How To Save A Life by The Fray whilst reading it, I find it fits it pretty well.)

Paradise.

It was nearing. It was all the two of you talked about. Newt, your boyfriend since the Glade, had his hand around your shoulder loosely. He kissed you on the forehead "We made it, love." He whispered, you couldn't see his face but you could just tell he was smiling. You smiled too, twisting in his grip to face him, you leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back softly, his hands holding you close. "I love you." You said, breaking away from his lips. "I love you too." He agreed, leaning in again.
"Can I be the first to say: Ew." Minho announced himself sarcastically as usual, you rolled your eyes and turned to face your friend. Yours and Newt's fingers intertwined. "This place is the bomb guys." Minho grinned, spinning about on his feet. "Sure is."" You laughed.

Paradise was amazing. It was describeless. Like a regular city but so much more, it felt as safe as you would under lock and key, only the freedom remained. It was a marvellous feeling.

3 WEEKS LATER

The surviving Gladers from both Group A and Group B ate together, you sat next to Newt and opposite some Group B girls whom you'd grown closer to recently. Alice and Bella.
Alice was pretty but not as pretty as Bella, Bella had thick, blonde, wavy locks of hair which fell neatly over her head. They shaped her face and contrasted with her tanned skin, her eyes were deep blue and her face had no imperfections. Not only was she pretty of face but she fluttered her eyelashes at everyone, girl or boy. She flirted in such a way that you'd think it was you that was special, despite the fact you knew she did so with everyone. "Newt be a dear and pass me some water would you, please?" She smiled innocently, her head tilting to the side a little. "Me? Uh, yeah, sure." Newt gulped, almost dropping the jug as he poured. You frowned,
passing the cup yourself. "Thank you, dear." She sipped angelically and bit her lip coyly as Minho eyed her.

You and Alice gave each other a look, neither of you minded Bella she just had a habit of going to far sometimes. You coughed a little before getting up "Night guys." You smiled.
"Night!" They chorused back,.

You sat onto the insanely comfortable bed, sighing with relief as you slipped of your shoes and socks. Footsteps sounded and Newt was at the door, he hovered there for a moment before going inside and closing the door behind him. "Hey." He sat down next to you, fidgeting with his fingers.
"Are you okay? You seem nervous?" You question, taking his hands.
He nods "I'm just tired."
You kiss him on the cheek, "Get some rest then, I love you."
"You too." He smiles getting into bed.
You lay down next to him and soon you're lulled into a deep sleep.

1 WEEK LATER

Newt had been acting different recently, more nervous, less protective. He didn't seem to care.
"Newt." You say, sitting down next to him on the grass.
"Mmm." He mumbled, not even looking up.
"What's wrong? I love you. I want you to tell me if you're upset." You take his hand, looking him in the eye. He doesn't look back, his hand is stiff, he doesn't try to pull away, but he doesn't exactly hold yours back.
"Please." You beg, feeling your eyes water.
He shakes his head, gets up, and leaves you confused.
You feel your tears break loose and bring your knees close to your chest, watching your boyfriend amble away, you felt so helpless.

Newt had avoided you for two whole days now, or maybe you'd been avoiding him. It was hard to tell.
Either way you hadn't spoken and you'd noticed he'd moved to a different room. Minho swaggered over to you, waving at a group of girls.
"Hey Y/N, you don't look so good. Newt doesn't either, you two okay?" He asked, sitting himself next to you. You shook your head "No...I don't know what I've done. We haven't talked for days." You admit, wiping your misty eyes. "Hey, slim all that sadness up Y/N. I'm sure you haven't done a shuck thing." He assured you, putting am arm round your shoulder.

Newt used to do that.

"Listen Y/N, I'm only trying to help. But you should put on a brave smile and go talk to him." He suggested.

Talking.

Newt used to do that.

"I guess." You think, sniffing.
"Go on, you'll be fine." He insisted, nudging a weak smile out of you.

Newt used to be fine.

You followed Minho's advice and headed towards your... What was he? He didn't even feel like a friend anymore, let alone a boyfriend. It pained you to think like that, the truth was hurtful.
"Newt." You said, but it came out croaky and almost silent.
"We need to talk Y/N." Newt's voice was too confident, too fast paced.
"Okay..." You managed, looking up at him. His eyes were fixed on the floor.
"I want to break up with you. I don't love you anymore." The words hit you like a tidal wave, you stepped back from the impact, he added some more "It's Bella, I love her."
You ran out of the room before he could say anymore you'd heard too much and yet not enough. Tears streamed down your face and you carried on running, you turned the corner and ran straight into Minho, collapsing in a mess. "Hey, Y/N, woah, what's wrong!?" Minho sounded alarmed, he knelt down next to you. "He broke up with me. He loves Bella. He told me!" You cry, hugging your friend tightly. He hugs back, "I'm sorry Y/N." He says, rubbing your back encouragingly.

Newt used to do that.

It and been a week since the breakup and you were still struggling to come to terms with it. You thought you and Newt would be forever, you still loved him. You hated him with love.
He wasn't exactly dating Bella, no one ever did. But he had kissed her, and he held her hand often. Both Newt and Bella had avoided you, and you and Minho made a special effort to avoid them. Minho was so lovely to you, he was a true and loyal friend.

Another week passed and Newt had said the odd word to you, he was a little less close to Bella than he had been originally. He walked over to you awkwardly, "Listen, Y/N. I feel terrible." He admitted, but Minho was straight next to you and defending you "Save it for hell slint head. Neither of us want to talk to you." He spat, you hadn't really taken in the fact that Minho had lost a friend too. "Please, Y/N. I truly feel bad. I'm sorry, love." He pleaded.
"Save your 'loves' for Bella. You heard Minho." You remarked, half bitter and half scared. Not of Newt, of how you could ever say that to him.

He'd hurt you.
He never used to do that.
And if you could help it, he never will again