2 - And You Are?

Y/N = Your Name
D/N = Dad Name

"Hello, new friend!" A cartoonish voice spoke.

Startled, you look up to see what that unfamiliar voice was. In front of you was a floating white star. It had a big outstretched smile on its face, large eyes staring at you. It looked like a child's drawing brought to life.

You yelped in surprise, then immediately covered your mouth, realizing what you've just done. Your parents surely heard that, you start to panic while listening for footsteps.

"Haha, don't be scared, bud!" The strange star said. It sounded like it meant no harm, but you were more focused on finding a hiding spot before your parents came. Your eyes darted around your room, barely acknowledging the thing you just encountered.

You soon heard footsteps. Angry footsteps. Fear grew inside of you as you darted under your bed, still holding your hand over your mouth. It wasn't long before the door to your room swung open, someone standing in the doorway.

You tried to stay as quiet as possible, holding your breath and trying to stay out of sight. Upon closer inspection, it looked like the figure that was scanning the room was your dad. The one responsible for those bruises. After a few silent, fear-inducing moments, you remembered that star you saw a few moments before this happened. You looked towards the spot you first saw it, but it was nowhere to be seen.

...

"Are we playing hide and seek?" That same voice from earlier spoke. You looked to your left to see that cartoonish star, the same smile pasted on its face. You jumped a little at the sight of it, but continuing to stay quiet, knowing your dad was still in the doorway.

Wait... why didn't he hear that thing speak..? You thought to yourself. It was loud and clear, yet he didn't even seem to notice.

You watched your dad walk across your room, every step feeling like an earthquake. He roughly opened the closet door, only to be met with t-shirts and boxes. As he closed the closet door, another voice spoke. You recognized it as your mother's.

"D/N, what's going on now?"

"That little brat screamed, it's the middle of the damn night.."

"Just let it go, hon. We'll deal with them in the morning..."

Relief soon washed over you as you watched your dad walk towards the exit to the room, closing the door behind him.

The white star started to blabber cheerfully, unaware of the situation you were just in.

"Wow! They didn't even check your hiding spot! You're really good at this game!!"
You stared at it, discombobulated, trying to think of why or how this thing is here.

After some thought, you decided to conclude that it was a hallucination of sorts. Sure, you've had hallucinations in the past, but not as detailed and cheery as this one.

You crawl out from under your bed and sit back down in the spot you were in before. You tried to ignore this hallucination, but it made it hard to do so.

"Hey! Helloooo? I'm right here!" It kept trying to get your attention. You sighed lightly and looked towards it, trying to stay calm. Before you could even think of a question, it's childish voice spoke again.

"Finally! You thought I was a ghost, huh? I'm Happy Star! And you are?"

You just stared at it, bewildered. This has to be some sort of hallucination or dream.

"...Are you a hallucination or something?" You whispered. You then mentally hit yourself, what a stupid and cliché question. It's- erm.. Happy Star's wide smile faded a little, then repeated "And you aaare??" with a bit more emphasis, hinting you to answer the question.

"..Y/N..." you answered, a hint of tiredness in your voice.

"Y/N! What a nice name, it suits you!!" Your face lit up slightly, you haven't received a compliment in a really long time, so it felt nice. Your eyes wandered towards the ground, not sure what to say or do next. This felt like a dream. Like a headspace. This can't be real, this has to be a hallucination, right?

Happy Star seemed to notice your tiredness, after all it was almost 2 in the morning now. As you are deep in thought, you feel a pat on your head. You look up to see that Happy Star is patting your head with an.. arm? Last time you checked, it didn't have arms. You were confused yet.. comforted by it. Your body relaxes as your eyes start to droop.

"Goodnight, friend!" Was the last thing you heard before drifting off to sleep.

(Uhhhh yea some happy star fluff yippee.
791 words)