The Answer

Midoriya wondered when the jealousy began.

He also didn't know friendship jealously was a thing until he saw Kirishima and Ashido glomp Katsuki and he snapped his pencil in half. Everyone asked if he was okay, offering to give him their pencil, (and when did he become the sweetheart of Class 2-A??) but he politely smiled and said he had more in his bag.

Izuku ignored Bakugo's curious look, thinking nothing of it as he rifled through his things for another writing utensil. What right did he had to be jealous? It wasn't as though he and Kacchan were close, despite the few times they hung out together with Drop. Without the older teen, they wouldn't have enough reason to even be in each other's gravitational pull.

Drop's departure wasn't as unexpected to Izuku and Katsuki as it was to the rest of Class 2-A. The older teen had been keeping him up to date on his and Nedzu's research and the possibility of reaching out to people they thought were his family members. Still, it hurt to have him gone because Izuku had just gotten used to the idea of spontaneous hugs, and he still thought about that one time Drop had casually kissed his forehead because Izuku had dropped his phone on his face like an idiot.

Back to his point, though, he didn't know that friendship jealously could be a thing. He didn't understand why Kacchan could easily let others into his circle but refused to let Midoriya close. He didn't know what he did wrong. All he ever did was admire and support Kacchan, but it seemed like it was never enough.

Izuku sighed, turning in his bed to rest on his side. He decided to retire early for the night since he wasn't up to eating with his classmates. His phone was at twenty percent, but he was too drained to even reach for the cord that rested innocently on the floor by his bed.

Just as he was about to force himself into a restless sleep, a loud knocking sounded at his door, provoking a deep sigh from the green-haired teen. He got up, shuffling over to open it. "Look, Uraraka-san, I-"

The small teen was cut off when someone pushed their way into his dorm room, clearly not Uraraka like he expected. Katsuki Bakugo stormed over to the bed, sitting down heavily, and Midoriya could only gape at him.

"You going to stand and stare or are you going to close the door?" Bakugo snapped, raising an eyebrow.

"O-Oh!" Izuku closed the door behind him before his own eyebrows furrowed together. "W-Wait, what? What're you doing here, Kacchan?"

"I need to talk to you, obviously?" The blond rolled his eyes, moving to lean back against the headboard. "Come here."

Midoriya couldn't help but tense at his words, thinking back on what he did earlier that day. He was sure he didn't act too differently towards Kacchan to illicit a talk, but he wasn't quite sure. "No explosions in my room." He blurted out before he could think. "A lot of these posters are limited edition, and Drop left some of his stuff here."

"I'm not-" Bakugo cut himself off with a growl, running a hand tiredly down his face (and why was he up at this time?? It was past 8:30, you ball of rage). "This is important, De- Izuku."

"Oh." Oh. He was going to die then, wasn't he? Despite his thoughts, Midoriya shuffled forward until he could perch at the edge of his own bed, ready to run. "W-What is it?"

Bakugo didn't say anything for a moment, his crimson eyes fixed on something on the other end of the room as he thought. Finally, he turned to Midoriya, who had begun to chew his lip nervously. "I want to apologize. I should have done this years ago, but it wouldn't have been genuine if I did."

Green eyes widened in surprise before he began waving his hands in front of him. "No, it's okay, I forga-"

"That's the thing," Bakugo began, looking angry once more, only this time at himself. "You forgave me before I even gave you a reason to. Izuku, I'm sorry for everything I did to you. It wasn't- I was such a fucking shit head, and I know I still am, but would you... I'd give anything to make this right."