CH. 5

CHAPTER 5.

runaway!

Summary:

-----
Ralph steals Jacks choir cloak.
----

Jack's choir cloak. It was made of the softest wool and it kept him warm even in the coldest weather. Ralph had finally found the perfect opportunity to take it.

One day, Jack had left the cloak on a rock while he was swimming in the sea. Ralph, who had been watching from the shore, saw his chance and snatched the cloak up and ran away laughing.

Jack, who had just emerged from the water, saw Ralph running and knew immediately what had happened. He let out a yell and took off after him, his feet pounding against the sand.

Ralph was fast, and he was laughing as he ran, the cloak flapping behind him like a flag. He thought he had made a clean getaway, but fate had other plans. As he was running, he tripped on a rock and went tumbling to the ground.

Jack caught up to him and was laughing as he helped Ralph up. Ralph was laughing too, his face flushed with embarrassment. They both laughed at the absurdity of the situation.

"You got what you deserved," Jack snickerd, pride and boldness seeping in his laugher.

Ralph shook his head and grinned, "worth a shot," he said, still laughing.

Ralph handed the cloak back to Jack and they walked back to the clearing together, still chuckling about the incident. They sat by the fire and shared funny glances and giggles, forgetting all about the beastie or their silly fights. They were just two 'friends', laughing and enjoying each other's company.

Yeahhh...totally JUST friends🥱