January 21, 2023

Today was quite crazy since the crazy Karen at my job Starbucks a few days back but today sadly I met 2. To start I was just at work when my boss told me to do drive thru. I did what they said and so I was taking orders from customer and there was this very specific customer that rollwed up to the window. Her drink was still being made and I told her it was being made. She asked why wasn't it ready for her. To which I responded "It's still being made and we're super busy at this moment." Which the Starbucks was quite busy. She then said "Well if my drink isn't ready in 30 seconds I want to talk to the manager." Before 30 seconds was up the drink was ready and I went to hand it to her. She didn't want it no more because it took too long to make. She drove off and I thought she was gone. So I took  other people's order and handed them their drinks. I heard the woman's voice again but she was complaining to a worker there. She purposely cut the line to get to one of my co-workers. She wanted the manager and as luck would have it the manager had just left. So I'm hearing the conversation while taking and giving people their orders. When there was no one at the drive thru no more I turn back and I see the Karen and the manager talking. The Karen was pointing right at me saying that I refused her the drink. One of my co-workers said that the Karen refused the drink after I tried giving it to her. She got mad and stormed off back to her car. Now that's just 1 of 2 Karen's I met today. So I'm done with the drive thru and I'm working as a barista again.  About an hour later this woman walks in. She looks me up and down and says "I don't want my order to be taken by someone who has their hair dyed or has face piercings." I have my hair dyed red like cherry red and I have a septum piercing. The place was busy once again so I tell her "There's no one else available since it's really busy right now." She rolled her eyes and said "Then I'll wait till you have someone who doesn't have dyed hair or a face piercing." She walked off and stood at the back. There was another person working next to me but they have bright green hair. 30 minutes go by and this Karen walks up to me and asks for another person. I tell her that the place is still quite busy. She then asked for my boss. I got my boss and my boss looked upset as they talked to the Karen. After 5 minutes the Karen left. At the end of my shift I getting ready to go home when my boss tells me that tue Karen didn't want someone that had chemicals in their hair or have face piercings that could fall into the drink. I told my boss I might quit because I'm just a Karen magnet. I mean I am basically a magnet for all the Karen's. They told me not to and things will get better. So after that I went home. Ate, showered, and got ready for bed. So that was my day today.