Chapter 1

Buck came in and sighed as he flopped on the bed next to me. "Oh man. I love my job. I do...but..." I chuckled as I put down my phone and scratched his back. "But you're constantly emotionally drained? Not to mention, physically strained? All the time?" He pressed his face into his pillow and nodded. "YES. WHAT is that about?????" He whined as he looked at me. "You're being a hero...it's understandable." He sighed and pushed his face back into his pillow, leaving only the side of his face and his birthmark visible. I chuckled and leaned over him. "Goodnight, Buck." I kissed the back of his head softly. "Hmm. Goodnight, beautiful." He mumbled as he laid his arm over my stomach. I smiled and rolled my eyes, grabbing my phone and texting Maddie.

ME: Ya know, I love your brother.
MADDIE: For whatever odd reason, yes you do.
ME: Oh shush. You love him too.
MADDIE: You're right. I love him very much.
ME: Anyway. That's all :)
ME: Love ya, Mads. ❤
MADDIE: I love you too girly ❤

Buck changed how he was laying and pulled me to him, kissing my shoulder. I shuddered feeling his lips on my bare shoulder as he started playing with the strap of my tank top. "Mmm. Mm-hmm." I reached behind me and pulled his hand away from my shoulder with a smile. I kissed his hand before I reached over and turned off the light. "Goodnight, I love you." I turned my head and kissed his cheek before he rolled on top of me, pinning my wrists against the headboard and gave me an actual kiss. "Now that's a good night kiss, baby." He smiled proud of himself when he pulled away and saw I was trying to catch my breath with a smile. "I love you too." He winked before laying back on his side of the bed. I stared up at the ceiling. Wow. Damn. I love my boyfriend. I blushed as I turned to lay on my side, putting my arm on Buck's chest.