Chapter 2

I sighed as I heard my alarm go off before I reached over and turned it off as I sat up in bed, sighing and looking at the empty spot next to me on the bed. I got up and showered before I got dressed and put a claw clip in my hair before I went downstairs. I went to get something from the fridge and smiled when I saw an iced coffee on the top shelf with a sticky note taped on it. "Thought you'd want a pick me up. Xoxo, Buck." I smiled and grabbed the coffee, pulling out my phone and sending him a thank you text. I got in the car and drove to the hospital I was a pediatric nurse at.

I had some time after I changed into my scrubs before my shift started so I called Buck. "Hi, baby." I played with the chain around my neck. "Hi, beautiful. You just get to work?" I nodded and told him I was there early so I was just in the on-call room. I smiled when I heard him yawn. After a while, I told him I better go. "Okay, baby. I love you." I smiled and blew a kiss into the phone. "I love you too." Being on the night shift while Buck works day shifts SUCKSSSSS. It's been 2 weeks of this...but tonight is the last night of this. Thank the Lord. I sighed softly before going and getting a patient's chart to give to a doctor for a routine check.

I finished my shift and went home. I unlocked the door and walked into our apartment, dropping my purse and leaning against the door. I walked into the kitchen and smiled and when I saw Buck washing dishes. "Baby!! Hi!!!!" He came over and picked me up, spinning around and making me squeal. "BUCK!" I giggled as he kissed me. "No more split shifts for ussss!" I chuckled as he set down on the ground and kissed me again. "I love you." I said as I held both his hands by my hips. "I love you too, beautiful." He smiled and raised an eyebrow. "I missed you."

He smirked as he pulled my hips against his. "Oh, really?" I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Yes, ma'am." He walked backwards and pinned me between him and the counter. I leaned up and kissed him before he lifted me on the counter. I smiled as I reached down and pulled his shirt off above his head, tracing my nails down his abs as I wrapped my ankles around his torso. He put his hands on my thighs and kissed down my neck as I smiled and put my hand in his hair. "Mmm. Buck. You're really good at that." I sighed dreamily. He chuckled against my neck.

"So I've been told. Repeatedly." I chuckled and hit his shoulder softly. "What?! I meant by you." He reached down and pulled off my shirt. I smiled as I put my hands on his cheeks and kept making out with him. I was leaving a dark hickey on Buck's neck when the doorbell rang. He pushed off me as I looked at him. "Oh crap. I ordered us pizza. Uhhhh...hold that thought." He pressed a quick kiss to my lips before going over to the front door. I blushed and chuckled as a shirtless Buck holding pizza boxes came around the corner. "Dinner?" He smiled shyly. "You look IN-CRED-IBLY sexy like that. That's a fireman calender shot for sure." I bent my fingers to be a camera lens and made a shutter sound. He laughed and kissed me before grabbing a beer from the fridge. I jumped off the counter and followed him to the couch, grabbing his shirt off the floor and putting it on over my head.

I smiled and laid on his chest after I grabbed a slice of pizza. "I love you." He said after he kissed my temple. "I love you." We got done eating and I glanced up as I watched Buck watching TV. I smiled as I threw my leg over his and straddled him. "Oh...." He breathed as he grabbed the remote and clicked the TV off before grabbing onto my hips. "I think we were interrupted earlier." I whispered in his ear before I pulled back and crossed my hands over my body, pulling Buck's shirt off my body in a sexy manner. He watched with wide eyes. "Oh holy mother of Moses." His phone rang and he picked it up, not taking his eyes off me. "Can't talk right now, Eddie. Kinda busy." He hung up and threw his phone across the room before he flipped us over on the couch causing me to squeal with a smile.

Buck's POV

I groaned as I woke up. I looked over and saw Alyssa laying next to me. I smiled and turned my phone on silent before I took a picture of her before rolling over onto my back and looking at my phone. Her brown curls were covering half her face. The sun was shining on her face. Her perfectly manicured hand was laying perfectly on her pillow. Her lips were parted slightly as she breathed softly. God, she's perfect. I set the picture as my homescreen and leaned over and kissed her cheek before I got up to shower.

I got ready for work and got in my jeep and drove to the firehouse. I walked in and Eddie and Chimney started whistling when I walked in. "What are you going on about?" Bobby cleared his throat and tapped his neck. I blushed red and covered my neck. "So THAT'S why you rushed off asap last night?" Chimney asked with a raised eyebrow. "Come on. Lay off. We'd been working opposite shifts for two weeks." Eddie came behind me and shook my shoulders. "Oh I'm never living this down, am I?" I mumbled to myself as Henrietta and Bobby shook their heads. "Nope. Not with those two." Damn it. I shook my head with a chuckle. I love that girl.