| •- Chapter 2 -• |

•~🤍~•
——————————————————————————

"Oh sweetie, you're not ugly. Society is."

——————————————————————————
•~🖤~•

Dekus pov

It was growing dark outside as he dragged us along. We walked for a while before we reached an empty ally way. My father brought us to the end of the ally before stopping. I stayed still while holding Eri, but my mother was still trying to break free. I was scared my father would do something to her, but he didn't even look her way. I looked around until I saw some figures in the distance. They kept walking towards us until they stopped a little bit away from my father.

"What's with the woman? I thought it was only the two kids you were selling." One of the men said glaring at my mother. There was about three of them in the ally way. "This stupid bitch was being stubborn, do what you want with her. I really don't care, she's free." My father said coldly. My mother was shaking while she stared up at him. I could clearly see the look of betrayal in her eyes.

The man in front reached in his pocket and handed my father a stack of money. I watched my father smile and take the money from his hand. "Their all yours!" My father said happily. He threw my mom to one of the men. Then he handed me to another. The guy holding me gripped my arm really hard, I almost dropped Eri from the pain. I quickly looked for my father only to see him walking away. I winched at the pain from the man tightening his grip. That's when I began to panic.

"NO! Come back, please!" I screamed out. It was no use now. He didn't even turn to look back at us. He just sold his wife and children with no regret. I heard a quite cry and quickly turned my head. The guy holding my mother threw her into a wall. My eyes widen as I watched her cry on the ground. "Now, let's have fun with our freebie" the guy said. My mother tried to crawl away but she was to late.

The two guys slowly walked over to her. They stood right in front of her, then they started to hit her without stopping. "S-STOP IT! Leave my m-mom alone!" I helplessly shouted out. They only scoffed and ignored me. My mother was sobbing and trying to escape with all the strength she had but her frail body didn't agree. I wanted to look away so bad from the horrible scene in front of me, but the guy holding me forced me to watch. I saw every hit, and all the blood.

I don't know how long it was, it felt like it would last for eternity. Their disgusting laughs were echoing throughout the whole ally. They only stopped when she was bruised, bleeding, and on the brink of death. She had stopped fighting a little bit ago, due to her being exhausted. The man holding me let me go, and I ran to her side. I heard him laughing as I ran but it didn't matter to me.

She was barely breathing and blood was everywhere. Her eyes were could barely stay open. "My sweet c-children... I'm.. s-so sorry.." She mumbled out gasping after every word. She gave a weak, small smile and with her trembling hand, she cupped my face, just before her chest stopped moving. I saw one final tear roll down her face, and then the light vanished from her eyes.

Her body went limp and her hand fell down. I could only stare in shock. "M-mom?" I said before franticly grabbing her hand, only to get no response. "N-no! please c-come back! I'll be better.. I promise..." I yelled while sobbing. There was still no answer. I just looked at the lifeless body in front of me. I knew I had to accept her death, but I just couldn't. She wasn't the best to me but she was still my mom.