| •- Chapter 18 -• |

•~🤍~•
——————————————————————————

"When I was younger I used to say I would never end up like this."

——————————————————————————
•~🖤~•

Dekus pov

I sat in silence on the cold, broken concrete. I laid down and I stared at the roof. Past events played throughout my mind. "You are only a burden to others. You cause pain to those all around you." my fathers voice echoed.

I was scared I would have only nightmares if I were to close my eyes. That's why I just watched the day slowly change to night. When it got pretty dark outside I sat up. I took one more look around before standing up. I walked to one of the broken walls. I was about 4 stories off the ground. I looked at the ground.

"Jump"

I walked off the edge and began to fall.

"Use your power"

I felt myself begin to float. I slowly made my way to the ground. I don't know how I'm able to control my quirk right now. I haven't even been able to use it  that much. I stayed still, I was still in shock about what I did before. Im still covered in blood so I have to get myself cleaned up first.

I finally snapped back into reality and started walking to where I think the beach is. It is a blur but I somehow made it to the beach. I looked at the water scared out of my mind. I didnt recognize who I saw in the reflection. This is not me, I am not that person who's coved head to toe in blood. Who am I?

"You are a monster, deku"

I'm a monster? I can't be, I only wanted to be a hero. Why is this happening? You are lying to me, whoever you are.

"I'm you, just better. I'm not denying who I truly am"

Shut up, we are not the same you're just a voice in my head.

"Don't deny it"

Just fucking leave me alone already!

I look at the water once again before dipping my hands in. I washed all the blood I could off my skin. My clothes were drenched and stained red. That didn't matter, I could just find some different ones. I got up from the water and looked around the piles of things. I found quite a bit of money while I searched.

Taking the money I found I went to the old thrift store I saw on the way to the beach. I walked in with everyone looking in shock at me. It made me uncomfortable but I needed clothes so I continued looking. I found a black hoodie and some black sweat pants.

I walked up to the counter handing the man my money. The man looked terrified of me, I hated that. I walked out the door and back to the abandoned building. I walked to the makeshift room I had. I changed out of my bloodied clothes and into the new clothes I bought.

The hoodie was oversized but that was better for me. I pulled the hood up, and laid down in the corner of the room. I forced myself to stay awake again while watching the sky change.

Dabi's pov

I still remember the day deku was taken. And I still blame myself for it. He was right there, but I wasn't able to grab his hand in time. It's been about 1 year since that day. Toga became a lot more quiet after that happened. I've never seen her cry so much, she isolated herself from everyone. Well except me, kinda.

After then incident she started sleeping in my room. I knew this whole thing broke her, but it was worse than I imagined. We were siting in the 2-A dorms with the rest of the class watching the tv. It was on some random channel and then something interrupted it.

"We interrupt this program to inform you about an incident that has occurred. From what we know, a villain destroyed the area in ***** . We are not able to identify them at the moment, civilians say they saw a man walking away covered in blood. If you see them report it to the police immediately."

They showed a blurred picture of the supposed villain and my eyes widen. Then I heard someone talk beside me. "Is that... zuku?" Toga said her voice trembling slightly. Everyone stopped moving in the dorm, and they looked at the tv. It was faint, but you could see the green hair under all the blood.

It was silent in the dorm for a while until I got up and stormed through the door. I ran to the main building searching for aizawa. I made it to the classroom a threw the door open. I leaned over and started catching my breath. "A-aizawa!" I yelled out.

He looked over and sighed. "Are you okay problem child? Don't tell me you ran the whole way here" Aizawa said walking over to me. I quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket and searched for the news. I found it and immediately handed my phone to the teacher.

"It's Deku! We need to go find him." I yelled still a little out of breath. Aizawas eyes widened while he looked at the phone in shock. "Let's go we need to tell the other pros." He said walking past me. I quickly followed him out the door. When I got out of the room I saw Toga a couple feet away. "Come on, we're going to save him" I said while walking behind Aizawa.

"Okay!" Toga yelled running after. We followed Aizawa to some room. When we walking through the door, I saw some pros siting at a long table. "I informed them of the situation on our walk here." Aizawa said while siting down at the table.

I looked around the room and saw the bear mouse thing I saw before. He sat at the end of the table and stared at us while smiling. Toga grabbed the back of my shirt and I felt her hand shake a little. I looked back and she nodded at me.

"Welcome children! from what we've seen, you two are close to Deku. For this mission you are going to join us in bringing him back to UA."

——————————————————————————

~•| Word Count |•~
•—| 1100 |—•

——————————————————————————