15 - No Pain, No Gain!

...

   We put on our hoods. Oslac is tall...but they won't be suspicious of him just cause of that, right? We quickly follow the screams to the middle of the village.
   "WHERE IS THE FOOD?!" A knight yells at a frail old lady who looks like she got knocked to the ground.
   She's crying.
   "I- WE DON'T HAVE THE FOOD! OUR PEOPLE WILL STARVE!"
   I flinch as he smacks her with the handle of his sword. She's knocked unconscious. He continues to yell at her as she lays their, blood seeping out of her busted lips and nose.
   "I'll handle this..." I slowly approach them.
   Before I can get close 2 other cloaked figures jump out of the crowd, kicking him to the ground as they wield their swords.
   "Get the FUCK OUTTA HERE!" A female voice yells to the knight on the ground as she kicks him in his side with her boot.
   I recognize that voice. The knight runs off, cursing at her.
   "JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL I GET REINFORCEMENTS!" His voice breaks. Is he seriously crying??
   People surround the injured woman, taking her away to the village doctor to be treated.
   I approach the hooded figures.
   "A-Alex? Steve??" I ask them reluctantly.
   "Y/n! There you are!" They pull down their hoods.
   I quietly gasp as I immediately wrap my arms around both of them, squeezing them tightly.
   "Ah! I thought you guys left already!" I chuckle as I let go of them.
   "Well yeah we couldn't just leave you on your own to fight these bad guys so we thought we would search around." Steve chuckles. "Not like we have much to do at home anyways."
   "Come. We should talk where they won't be able to find us."
   They nod as I lead the way to Fhan's home. As we walk, Oslac elbows me gently.
   "Who are they...??"
   "I'll explain and introduce everyone when we're at home..."
   Oslac grumbles before sighing. We quickly make it to Fhan's house, pulling off our cloaks.
   "Y/n! What happened?!"
   "Eh. A knight attacked a lady and knocked her out cold. These two helped her though so everything is okay..."
   Fhan looks up as Alex and Steve pull down their hoods.
   "Okay. Sit. Let's talk."
   Me and oslac sit next to eachother against our wall, while Alex and Steve just sit in front of the doorway.
   "Who's the kid?" Alex asks.
   "His name is Fhan. His grandmother...passed away, so we're taking care of him." Fhan waves to Steve and Alex. "And Fhan's house is the farthest from the village, so we're safe."
   The two friends look around the house, taking their surrounding in.
   "A-and this is Oslac. The guy I've been talking about all this time." I place a hand on his shoulder. "Aren't you gonna take off your hood??"
   Oslac huffs. I chuckle at him as he slowly takes off his hood as if he were a shy little kid.
   "W-woah. He's a piglin..." Steve gasps.
   "He's never this quiet. He's just
shy." I chuckle. "So. Oslac, meet Steve and Alex, the kind people who helped me get back to you. And you two meet Oslac...m-my lover...?"
   Oslac blushes and so do I. It's quiet for a couple seconds. Oslac suddenly rolls up his sleeves, likely feeling as hot as I do.
   "L-LOVER?!" Alex exclaims in surprise. "H-how does that work....?!"
   I chuckle nervously. "Uh. He loves me and I love him...???"
   Fhan cringes as he watches the situation play out. It's an awkward silence as Steve and Alex whisper in eachothers ears.
   "I know what you're thinking Oslac. No, these two are not lovers. Just friends." I whisper in his ear. He nods in reply.
   The brute sighs, breaking the silence. "I know it's not good for a brute like me to be in love with a human. And especially a male one," He starts. "B-but I love Y/n because hes nice to me. And patient..." He suddenly grabs my hand and squeezes it. "So keep your judgment to yourself..." His tone changes to a harsh one, aimed towards Steve and Alex.
   "Hm. He speaks!" Alex teases in surprise to lighten the mood. "We weren't talking bad about you. Steve just pointed out those badass scars." She playfully elbows Steve.
   "O-oh. S-sorry..." Oslac deflates. I pet his head reassuringly.
   "It's understandable. Being from another realm and all." Steve chuckles.
   "How long have you guys been together?" Alex asks.
   "Technically two years now..." I clear my throat as I idly rub Oslac's head while he closes his eyes, relaxing himself. "He isn't usually so shy and quiet. When you get to hang around this big guy, he'll do anything to put a smile on your face."
   Oslac snorts, a smirk appearing on his face as his shy mask falls off.
   "Here's the proof." Oslac cups my face and kisses me.
   My face feels hot again from embarrassment. We've never really kissed in front of others. Not even Fhan. He releases me, leaving me messy. I chuckle nervously as my face burns red, my lips curving up to a nervous smile.
   "Oslac....!" I wanted to say that was rude and people were watching but I couldn't get it out.
   "Look at his face! It's turning red!" Steve laughs at me.
   "Aw. That's adorable! So did you teach him to speak english or did he just know how to?"
   I cool myself down by taking a deep breath before answering her questions. "Well. A mysterious woman taught him while he was imprisoned."
   "Oh."
   "Yea..." I chuckle.
   "Those are some crazy scars..." I look at where Steve is looking. Oslac's sleeves are rolled up, revealing half of his arms.
   "Hehe yeah..." He displays them to Steve. He nevers passes off an opportunity to showoff.
   Thinking about how he got those scars in the first place makes me whimper internally.
   "Well! It's very nice to meet you Oslac the piglin brute!" Alex puts out her hand.
   The brute hesitantly shakes her hand.
   "You too kid!" She smiles at Fhan. Fhan replies with a smile and nod.
   "It's nice to meet you two too..." He says slowly.
   He's not used to people being friendly I guess. That may explain why he's being so shy.
   "Oslac has been through a lot..." I chuckle quietly. "While I got trapped in the Nether, he was tortured by those people."
   Alex and Steve look at me before looking to Oslac.
   "And now they're hurting innocent villagers. So...I promised that I would get revenge."
   "Well atleast it's not just you three anymore. You got us now! And we might aswell help because we have nothing to do at home." He chuckles. "Plus, Alex is always looking for fights."
   "Yup. We'll get these bad guys outta here in no time."
   They laugh heartedly together. It's quite wholesome to be honest. I reach my hand up again to pet Oslac's head.
   "But...we should prepare before we attack, yeah? I already made some sticks of dynamite..." I reach into my bag to show them.
   "Oooh. Nice. Things are gonna get real messy."
   "Yea you're right. We should prepare. We need a plan."
   I think for a couple seconds. Petting Oslac's head seems to ease me.
   "Well. Other than just barging in and killing everyone I see, I don't really have a plan. But, we do know that the castle has many floors and even a dungeon." I continue to think before continuing. "The lever to the castle gate is on the second floor if I remember correctly."
   "Interesting. Is the gate usually closed?" Steve asks.
   "Not really actually. But if it is..."
   "Alex and I will climb over the castle walls and open the gate. Then we'll meet up again on the second floor and go from there." Steve huffs. "We actually have a history of sneaking into places." They chuckle.
   "That sounds good but remember, these people are cold hearted murderers that feed off of the innocents labour. So be careful and don't go easy." I warn.
   "Yea. Anyways. You guys hungry?"
   Everyone nods except for Fhan.
   "Alrighty I'm gonna go find some food for us. You guys do whatever. I'll be back!" She stands up and walks out, Steve following closely behind her, waving us goodbye as they exit our view.
   I sigh. If we're gonna do something, we have to do it quick. These villagers have suffered enough.
   "Lets go train." Oslac says to Fhan.
   "Oh okay!" He sounds eager.
   Looks like I'm gonna be left on my own.
   "Y/n? Aren't you gonna train with us?" Oslac smirks as he grabs my hand, standing up and pulling me up to my feet aswell.
   "Oh I'd love to..." I grab my cloak.
   We all quickly run into the forest behind Fhan's home so that we're hidden before walking to the part of the river we liked to visit. It's peaceful. Sticks crack under our feet, bugs make little noises here and there. The air is cool. We soon arrive at the part if the river where I made the dirt path. Memories of last night flash my mind when my eyes glide over the area in front of the river where we did it. What the fuck is wrong with me?!! I feel so weird and...angry!? Ugh!
   I rub my arm under my cloak as I look at the flattened grass. A shiver runs up my spine as I can feel my face redden from cringing. I hear Oslac snort.
   "Are you laughing at me?" I look up at him with my arms crossed, and a soft smile on my face.
   He grips my waist, our torsos inches from touching.
   "You were perfect." He says slowly to let it sink in.
   He gently pats my head before grabbing my hand. I snicker quietly at his compliment, feeling flustered. We cross the river to find Fhan cutting up the trunk of a tree with his dagger. To be honest I just wanted to watch them train. I didn't really feel like doing anything today. I huff as I fall under the shade of a tree. Oslac sits next to me, his knees up and a optimistic smile on his face. I can't help but feel happy when I'm near him. Especially when he's always smiling so innocently.
   "You're still the same brute I met in that bastian remnant." I tell him. "You're still so fluffy and cuddly. You haven't changed at all...and that's okay." I rested my head on his shoulder.
   Our eyes stay on the adventurous Fhan who slices up a tree.
   "Well...I guess you've changed a bit." I weakly laugh as I recall the memories of him trying to speak my language. "Silly brute. You're a master at english now." Oslac reaches around and places a hand on my shoulder. "Y/n loves Oslac." I tease him and the way he used to speak.
   "Oslac loves Y/n!" He reaches his hand up, petting my hair soothingly.
   "Haha...aren't you going to help Fhan train?"
   He nods as he stands up. He looks back down at me and winks before calling Fhan. I don't know why but watching Oslac and Fhan do their own things, smiling and laughing is pretty entertaining and relaxing. Today is another day that will be forever remembered.
   "No no no! Fhan!" Oslac snorts. "Stop looking to Y/n! Focus!"
   "What?! I only looked at him because you were looking at him too!"
   I watch as Fhan continues trying to hit Oslac, but misses everytime. Suddenly Oslac holds Fhan into a gentle choke hold, grinding his knuckles into the child's head.
   "Owwwww!! Oslac! Stooop!"
   "Toughen up!"
   "Y/n heeelp!" I immediately stand up as Fhan calls for me.
   "Oslac! You're being too rough!" I scold him. "Be gentler on the kid!"
   "Hmph! Make me!" He snorts.
   They both quiet down looking to me. I smirk as I take off my cloak. They both watch in awe.
   "Fine!"
   Oslac releases Fhan from his hold, facing me and positioning himself into a defensive stance, his body lowered and his feet apart, his hands twitching in front of him with anticipation.
   "Get him Y/n! Beat him up for being a big bully!"
   "Yessir!" I chuckle heartily.
   I slowly approach Oslac, rolling up my sleeves as I take off my boots, throwing them to the side. The grass is soft under my feet. The brute huffs, his hooved feet grinding against the ground. He resembles that of an actual boar.
   "What are you waiting for Y/n?!" He taunts me.
   I can't let him grab me. It's over if I do. Fhan cheers me on in the background. I haven't practiced hand to hand combat in forever.
   "You wanna do this the easy way and play nice, or you wanna do this the hard way?" My eyes focus on him.
   "Hah. Hard way."
   "I had a feeling you would say that."
   My hair might slow me down. I quickly tie it up into a bun, stopping a couple yards away from him. I feel more free and flexible with my hair out of the way. I should probably cut it soon though. I focus back up, breathing with my mouth instead of my nose. For some reason this feels exciting. Oslac must be excited as I am. I wink at Fhan before dashing right towards Oslac. I just have to get him on the ground.
   He quickly tries to grab with both of his hands, but I jump out of the way.
   "Bah!"
   Before he can track me again, I jump onto his back, holding him in a choke hold, but I only use some of my strength so that I don't hurt him. My legs are wrapped under his arms so that I don't fall. Oslac quickly grabs my forearms, trying to get me off as he stumbles around with the extra weight.
   "Ack-!"
   Afraid that I'm actually hurting him, I loosen my hold.
   "Play nice!"
   "No!"
   I gasp as one of his hands picks my arms off while the other pushes off my legs. I fall to the ground. Before I can get back up, the brute tackles me. We roll around in the grass, both of us struggling to be the one on top.
   "Haha!" He laughs tauntingly.
   Our worlds spin, everything around us going blurry. When we stop spinning, Oslac ends up sitting on my legs. His hands quickly slam onto my arms, keeping my arms glued to the grass. I struggle under him, trying to break free.
   "Haha! I win!" Oslac celebrates.
   I can't let him win! I know what to do!
   "Ah! Oslac that hurts!" I fake a wince and the pain.
   Oslac suddenly stops celebrating, quickly hopping off of me.
   "S-sorry I didnt mean to!" He helps me sit up. "Are you okay? Where does it hurt!?"
   He fell for it! Hah! I try to grab him into a choke hold but he somehow moves out of the way.
   "W-what?! AA-"
   I'm left shocked when I'm the one in the choke hold.
   "Agh!"
   I try to break free. His legs tangle around mine, keeping them straight so that I don't struggle. I sigh.
   "Eugh...you win Oslac...." I deflate in defeat as I lean onto his body.
   "Yes! You almost got me with that trick! You sneaky human!" He oinks and nuzzles into the bun on my head.
   I huff. That's okay. I have one more trick.
   "FHAN QUICKLY COME HELP ME! HE'S DISTRACTED ON ME!! GET HIM!!!"
   Fhan jumps to his feet, charging at Oslac with his fits raised above his head.
   "H-hey! Stop that!" Oslac squeals in pain as the child hits him on the head with his fists. "Owwww!!"
   "Promise that you'll play nicer!"
   I can only laugh at Oslacs pain. He won the battle but I won the war.
   "I-I promise!"
   Fhan stops his barrage of fists.
   "Good." Fhan backs up, standing proudly.
   "He's got the spirit of a fighter..." Oslac oinks to me, hugging me close.
   I chuckle.
   "Yeam he does."
   "Wait...Y/n can you understand him when he speaks in oinks?!" Fhan asks in shock.
   "Well yeah. He said you have the spirit of a fighter."
   "Hah. Of course I do." Fhan stands with his chest puffed.
   "Hmph. Atleast I beat you!" He squeezes me tighter.
   "Urk-! Ah...hah...yeah. Atleast I know when I've lost." I chuckle, panting quietly as I reach my arms up from under his arms to rub his biceps.
   His hold on me loosens.
   "Hm. How about this. You help me train him too!" Oslac oinks.
   Not a bad idea.
   "Why not." I stand up. Helping Oslac up aswell. "Fhan. I'll be helping you train aswell."
   Fhan nods with a smile. I pet his head.
   "Okay hm. What can I teach you..." As I try to think, Oslac wrap one of his arms around me while other hand gropes my rear. "O-Oslac...!" I jolt up, startled.
   "Haha!" He snorts. "You need to learn to relax." He releases me, approaching Fhan who just watched all of that.
   "Stop being so vulgar in front of a child!" I huff at the brute. "Damn pig."
   Oslac grins toothily, winking at me.
   "Okay. Fhan. You have trouble with balance. You push all of your weight onto one side of your body. Try to find a center where it's equal and no stress on either side of your body." Oslac couches down, helping Fhan.
   "O-oh okay. Like this?"
   "Does that feel good?"
   "Yea."
   "Good. Get used to standing and moving like that, okay?"
   Fhan nods with an eager smile. We spend most of the day helping Fhan learn new stuff that will be crucial in battle, like learning a new way fo breathing to preserve oxygen and energy, and helping him stay more focused and alert when in battle.
   "You have to stay on both of your feet at all time. You must be ready for everything! Don't expect your enemy to play fair." I state.
   Fhan nods. We get water breaks here and there, sitting down under the shade of the trees before getting back to training. By the time the sun is setting, Fhan is extremely tired, huffing and puffing.
   "Y/n...! I-I'm exhaaausted...!"
   I chuckle, patting his back gently.
   "Alright. Let's not overwork your body or you might actually get hurt. But remember, we only get stronger under stress. A painless lesson is a meaningless one." I grab his hand and Oslac's hand. "But. Breaks are important. Right Oslac?"
   "Hah. I never take breaks." Oslac says with pride. It's obvious he's not lying.
   "Never? Then let's head back to take a break. Hope Steve and Alex got food. You guys hungry?" I pick up my cloak and boots from the ground.
   "Yea I'm starving..."
   We cross the river and venture back I to the forest towards Fhan's home. It's quiet but a nice quiet. Walking home together like this is nice. We quickly make it home.
   "Your house needs an upgrade Fhan."
   "Y-yeah..."
   "After everything is over, let's make us a bigger home! We'll live together like a happy family!" Oslac squeals happily, fantasizing about the future.
   "The fireworks festival is in two days. It's when all the villagers get together and we celebrate happiness and prosperity, and we eat tons of food and sweets!" Fhan states as he yawns.
   "Oh fun. Let's just hope those bastards don't ruin it. If they do I swear to my grave I'll hurt them..."
   Wiping the smile off of a child is cruel. Even for murderers.
   "The future is closer than we think it is. So for now, let's wade through the water together."
   We all enter the home to find Steve and Alex cooking up the food.
   "There you people are! Where did you guys go!" Alex asks.
   "We were preparing. Training to get stronger so that we are ready."
   "Oh cool! Sit! You guys came just on time! The food is almost all done cooking!" Steve puts something into the furnace.
   Fhan sits on his bed as me and Oslac sit against a wall, my head on his shoulder. Hm. I untie my bun.
   "So...about our plan," I begin. "I realize that to take them all down, we have to kill the king, Xandros. Chop off the head and the body goes down, right?"
   It's quiet before Steve talks. "Yea. You're right. We have to target the king."
   "I know how to get close to him. He thinks I'm his friend."
   Slowly, our plan starts to take form and we get a clear picture of what has to be done.
   "Food's done! Let's eat!"
   I let them eat first before grabbing a piece of steak with my bare hands and taking a slow bite. It's good. We finish eating and drinking before preparing to get some rest. As expected, Oslac pulls me onto his lap. I sigh as I close my eyes.
   "Goodnight everyone."
   They all mumble as they get in positions to fall asleep in.
   "Goodnight..." Oslac rubs his hand against my chest soothingly.
   I think about the future for a few minutes before drifting off with the cool wind in my ears.

T.B.C

---------------------------

REMINDER : DONT FORGET TO ASK A QIESTION FOR THE Q AND A THE 5,000 GOAL IS COMING UP!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)