31 - Fluffy Pig

...

The new year has begun. Last night was full of food, laughter, and happy emotions and memories all around. The two of you tried out many different kinds of foods, and talked with many of the different villagers who were very curious about the two of you, old and young. To say the least, people liked your company and the warm mood the two of you set when talking. You and Oslac drank the night away and danced around the big bonfire before kissing under the brilliant, colorful fireworks. Oslac, who wasn't as drunk as you were, happily carried you home. Luckily, you didn't drink as much as Alex who vomited in a bush that night.

"Oogh...Oslaaac~" You hiccuped and hummed as you hid your face in his chest, grinning drunkenly as you enjoyed his smell and temperature. "Mhhhmmmaahah... you're soo warm...I feel so safe in your arms..." You shudder as some of the cold wind does it past. "Hehe you're so gentle~" You gulped, your tone breathy and soft.

"Y-You feel...safe??" Oslac swallows hard and whines quietly. "Eheh...thank you..."

You reach up and caress his jaw, which causes him to tense up. "Oslac?~"

Oslac pauses. "Y-Yes?"

"I love you."

Those words make him feel hypnotized. Oslac opens the door home, using his leg to pull the door handle down. He walks in and closes it with his leg too. It is darker in your home than outside, so after Oslac carefully places you on the couch, he lights up the fireplace with flint and steel. You close your eyes for a moment as the room seems to spin.

"Eugh..." You groan, squinting your eyes again as Oslac sits at your feet.

He looks...scared. Maybe even lost. Something worries him. Oslacs hands are in his lap and he looks down at them anxiously. You notice his body language, his limp ears and tail. Something is wrong, and you can feel it, so you sit up.

"Hic...I think I'm drunk..." You grinned with relaxed eyes and just stared at him, tilting your head a bit to the left so you could see his face better. It didn't make him uncomfortable, but it made him nervous. "Something wrong?" You asked.

"N-No. Nothing is wrong..."

You continued staring at him while he continued looking down at his lap. "Are you sure?" You look at his eyes.

"Yeah...maybe...I-I don't know." Oslac shudders, slowly looking up and looking into your eyes.

"Awww...come here..." You opened your arms. "You'll be okay, Sweetness~"

Oslac smiles softly as he leans towards you and embraces you back. Your arms wrap around his tough, warm back, and so do his. Oslac squeezes you tightly, causing you to let a little noise out. You rub his back, comforting him to the best of your abilities.

"Y/n...I...I'm scared."

"Scared?" You chuckle. "Of what?"

"I...don't belong here." He looks down again and closes his eyes, his body shaking a bit.

He left it all behind and came with you without a second thought. He doesn't regret it, but he knows he doesn't belong in the overworld. Even his body knows it's wrong.

"What do you mean?" You moved closer to him, placing your hand on top of his.

"I mean...this isn't my world, my real home. It doesn't feel right to be here..." Oslac gulps. "I thought I'd have gotten used to it by now..." He says with frustration.

"Oh..." You sighed, your thoughts still scattered. "Yeah...eheh... Th-This isn't your home. Maybe you don't belong here, but what I know is that...y-you have a place now, by my side..." Your eyes glisten for Oslac. He enjoys the feeling. "You are my home... As long as I'm with you, I don't care where I am..." You said so honestly, starting to feel emotional as your heart aches for Oslac, who is far from the place he's grown to know.