Chapter 28

Restraint wasn't something that Adrian had to test as much in the past as he did now. Of course, any hunter needed to have some semblance of restraint.

To know when a hunt was pointless, when to quit the chase instead of expending precious energy for a worthless kill. When to quit while they were ahead and when to persist for sweet victory.

But seeing his delectable mates while knowing he technically wasn't allowed to touch them, was slowly driving him mad.

He had woken up well before Levi or Darius. Both his mates still asleep and pressed against his body. Even as he stretched out, they were connected hip to hip.

Soft, tantalizing breaths fanned over his throat while a set of arms were wrapped around his waist. It was pure heaven. Bliss.

If not for the impressive length grinding between his cheeks. Adrian had already peeked over his shoulder but Levi was fast asleep and didn't show a hint of awareness.

Though Adrian did read about morning wood and the often amorous mood of males when they woke up. He knew that the erection pressing against his lower back was well beyond Levi's control.

Even in his sleep, Levi was a cuddler. A leg casually thrown over Adrian's hip, as if to prevent the young raptor from slipping away. It brought them infinitely closer and Adrian purred, leaning further against Levi.

Who tugged him closer in his arms with a sleepy hum, nose burrowing against Adrian's throat. The young raptor nearly snickered when Darius shuffled closer, as if upset that Adrian's warmth was missing by his side.

Now he was completely sandwiched between the two men, Darius' thigh trapped between his and all three of them pressed together, throat to toes.

Adrian shivered, looking for a way to get out of bed without waking up his mates. Even if he was told to behave until they were fully healed, he only had so much restraint.

And Adrian didn't want to make anyone upset by failing such a simple task. He tested his mate's reaction with a slight wiggle, shifting his weight around.

Instead of freedom, he got the opposite. Hips instantly pressed against his own and hot air fanned over his ear before Levi's sleep laden voice warned.

"Careful with all that wiggling. You might fully wake me up." The elephant drawled lazily, driving his hips against Adrian's to prove his point.

Adrian nearly choked, shooting Levi a flustered look over his shoulder, which the elephant replied with a teasing wink. "Though it does seem like you wouldn't mind getting pinned and mauled."

"Herbivores don't maul. Now a predator," Darius drawled, making Adrian chirp in surprise before coming nose to nose with his fellow raptor. "Predators are masters at mauling." The man's eyes flitted to Levi before a cheeky smirk curled his lips. "Herbivores don't know what they're doing when it comes to mauling."

Levi snorted, nuzzling into Adrian's neck some more. "Your limp the past few days said otherwise." He drawled with a pointed look at Darius, eyes indicating the man's hips.

Darius flushed as Levi snickered whilst mouthing at Adrian's bared skin. "Though I have a feeling we've all recovered just fine."

The young raptor agreed whole heartedly, eager to see how Levi would make good on his promise. After all, while Levi had said he didn't want to cripple anyone, that didn't mean the elephant had stopped his teasing.

And Adrian clearly remembered when the young raptor had huffed, joking that Levi was all talk, especially with the knowledge that the elephant came almost instantaneously when Adrian had went down on him.