Chapter 33

Even with the suppressants in his system, Adrian had been feeling on edge.

After Darius whispered promise, the older raptor had been lingering around Adrian. Giving a gentle kiss or a lingering touch here and there, nuzzling against Adrian's nape or giving a playful nip on his shoulder.

Yet each time that arousal sparked in Adrian, pheromones permeating the air, Darius had backed off. Even Levi had gotten the same treatment to the point where the flustered elephant had retreated to the bathroom, stating he needed a very long and cold shower.

While they were at the last days of their rut, Adrian and Levi still had their classes to take care of. Luckily the teachers had agreed it would be better if the pair had a teacher dedicated to them, as to not part the newly mated couple.

It was during that class, where their teacher explained the importance of restraint and control of their shift, that Adrian's mark started to tingle.

A small groan beside him made Adrian shoot a look at Levi, who looked equally as confused before both their eyes widened in realization.

Darius...

"That fucking tease." Levi hissed under his breath while Adrian's toes curled suddenly at a sharp jolt of pleasure shot through his mark. Unseen hands seemingly dancing over his mark and groin before he swore he could feel Darius' hand wrapping around his hot flesh.

The young raptor's confusion didn't last long as Levi groaned, forehead thudding against his desk. "Bastard is jacking off knowing we're in class."

Adrian's eyes widened as he could feel the pleasure slowly mounting. When the teacher continued droning on, acting like nothing happened, Adrian's eye twitched in realization.

Did Darius plan this impromptu class so he could have his revenge?

Normally he wouldn't think the raptor would be that petty. But remembering that he and Levi had mated for several hours while Darius was forced to work and keep his composure...

This sucks.

"And not in a good way." Levi agreed over their bond, fidgeting in his seat. Adrian hummed, equally amused and frustrated.

With each pulse of pleasure over the bond, his own body responded. His skin was oversensitive, nostrils flaring in an attempt to pick up Darius' scent.

He had half a mind to leave the class and sprint towards Darius. But when the teacher placed down a test sheet in front of both Adrian and Levi, his eye twitched again as he gritted his teeth.

"This sucks!" Adrian growled over their bond, forced to aim his attention towards the test and not the phantom touches on his body.

A low hiss spilled from his lips, drawing the teacher's attention before the hippo snorted with amusement. "While Darius said you needed to do this test to learn your lesson... He didn't specify you guys couldn't leave after it's finished."

Adrian and Levi's heads shot up in unison before snapping towards one another. Levi's growing smirk was downright filthy and Adrian could feel his own lips curl, suddenly more than eager to focus on this test.

However, it was extremely difficult to retain his attention. No matter how eager he was to just crumble the paper and toss it at the hippo's head, he knew that Darius would be disappointed if he did.

So Adrian gritted his teeth, nostrils flaring as he read the questions and penned down his answers. An occasional low grumble escaped from him, but he could hear Levi's own growls vibrate through the air.