The Prologue

Y/N= your name
M/N= mom's name
D/N= dad's name

Three mysterious figures wearing long cloaks with hoods can be seen traversing a desert when one stumbles on an orange orb with five stars on it

The first mysterious figure takes of his hood and lets out a sigh of relief, "finally, we've found all seven", his voice filled with joy.

The second figure takes of his hood revealing what looks to be an older version of the first person, "at last, after two long years we can get our wish, Y/N hand me the Dragonball" he says while bringing out a chest with the already gathered six dragonballs

"sure thing dad". The now revealed Y/N hands his father D/N the Dragonball while the last figure removes their hood, with this one being Y/N's mom M/N who holds out a what looks to be a journal before speaking, "now lets get to a more suitable place before using the instructions in here to summon the wish dragon".

Y/N being confused by this asks "why can't we just use them here, it doesn't matter where we make the wish". D/N answers for his wife "your mother has her reasons, so just let's just focus on getting out of here first".

Y/N getting increasingly frustrated retorts "but you don't have a lot of time left, let's jsut use them here", D/N sighs before saying "don't worry about me, I've still got a few more years in me, I can wait a bit longer"

Now this interaction would be strange considering D/N is a man in his late thirties but D/N was a martial artist who has travelled the ends of the earth and in doing so has contracted a deadly disease sometime along the way, which he had no knowledge of before he met M/N, settled down and had Y/N. He only learned of the disease five years ago when Y/N was twelve years old.

After a couple minutes of silence Y/N finally gives in, "fine, but if we have to go let's go quickly", all three nod and star heading in the direction they initially came from.

Timeskip

The group of three can be seen in a clearing in the forest near a building which can be assumed to be their house. The house itself being a good distance away from any town.

The Dragonballs can be seen on the ground, D/N and Y/N are standing abut away from them while M/N, holding the previously mentioned journal, is standing closer.

M/N reads through parts of the journal before looking up and saying "OK so the journal says to call upon the dragon shenron" which she then proceeds to do causing the sky to go dark as a green dragon emerges from the balls. "State your wish" a deep voice comes from the dragon

Y/N begins to smile, "now we can wish for-" he starts to say before he his knocked out by D/N who then carefully lays Y/N on the ground. D/N then turns to M/N and nods.

M/N nods back and turns to the shenron . "I wish for you to make it so that no sort of damage in the universe be it mental or physical can bring an end to my son"

Shenron stays quiet for a few seconds before speaking "that is beyond my power".

Both parents look bewildered by this news, D/N getting increasingly distraught desperately asks "is there anyway to get around this, what if I offer you my life, or at least what's left of it"

Shenron answers "the rest if your life span is not enough to fuel this wish"

M/N the cuts in "what if I offer my life too". Shenron thinks for a bit before answering "I suppose that would do, your wish is granted"

Almost immediately Y/N starts waking up as Shenron disappears.

Y/N looks around confused "wish? What happened? Wh-" he is cut off by his father who speaks with a bit of urgency but mostly with contempt "I guess this is goodbye, for the both of us " he says while holding M/N's hand

Y/N is quick to answer "what, did the wish not work, you were meant to be healed", M/N only smiles "the wish did work, it why you were able to wake up so quickly"

Y/N is only more confused by this which D/N notices before elaborating, " as you know I contracted the disease before we had you, and it turns out you inherited it, we found this out a year ago after we started searching for the Dragonballs"

M/N then continues " after we found out we decided to use the wish for you and it ended up costing us our lives, but it was worth it" she then puts her hand on Y/N's cheek and hugs him before she falls to the ground, all signs of life leaving her eyes.

Y/N is stunned by this but is not given much time to process anything as his father also hugs him, " good by my son", he then fall to the ground, his eyes being as lifeless as his wife's.

Y/N falls to his knees with tears rolling down his face as he hugs the bodies of his now deceased parents while the Dragonballs turn to stone and scattere across the globe waiting to be collected again.

It would be years before Y/N has any other human interaction, well as human as a certain namekian and half saiyan can get