[01 - It was a New Life for You.]

How many years has it been since you left France? You lost count. Living in Japan was quite nice, the people were polite, save the Port Mafia and Armed Detective Agency. You tended to stay away from those people, but occasionally you would run into Chuuya, a port mafia member and Dazai, a detective at the ADA. You thought they were alright, but they just screamed Vanitas and Noe. It wasn't good for you to remember those memories.

As you walk down the street, you hear a yell coming from across the river.

"OI DAZAI! DON'T GO AROUND USING MY MONEY LIKE THAT! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE THE ARMED DETECTIVE AGENCY A JOKE?" Ah, that was Kunikida, the Olivier of the ADA. He was an uptight rule-follower with a tight schedule with no room for error.

"Eeeh? Don't worry about it, Kunikida~" A brunette says, his beige coat fluttering in the wind. That was Dazai, the suicidal maniac of the ADA.

You didn't see any harm in dropping by, so activating the enhanced power of your vampire blood you quickly appear behind Dazai.

"Boo~" Aaaand you successfully scare the living daylights out of him.

"GAAAH! [N/n], don't do that! You scared me~!" Dazai jumps at least 2 feet into the air as you appear behind him.

A tiny smile forms on your face, scaring people was always fun. If only Chuuya was as easy to scare... You say that, but you knew that Dazai faked it. After all, you never failed to fake your smile. It was never as bright, and never reached your now dulled eyes as it did back then, when you were still with Noe...

"Hm... how about no~? Your scared face is much more entertaining." Your once small smile turns into a devilish smirk.

"Dazai? Who is this?" A different voice asks. You who your head around and you nearly let your eyes flash red, but you stopped yourself from using your power. You felt something wrong about this boy. He did not feel like a normal human, maybe he had one of those abilities that physically changes him like Chuuya? The small inky drop of thought bleeds into the paper that is your mind, but you brush it off nevertheless.

"Ah, this is-" Dazai starts, but you interrupt him.

"I can introduce myself, you know. I am [Y/n], no last name. And you are..?" You inquired.

"I'm Nakajima Atsushi." He says. GRROWWWLLLLLL... Two stomachs rumbled.

"Oh my! Should we go out and get something to eat? Atsushi, what would you like?" You ask him, completely ignoring Dazai, who was also hungry and wanted to eat something he wanted too.

"Tea on rice..." He says quietly.

"Hm? I couldn't hear you."

"I'd like tea on rice." He says again, this time louder and clearer.

This made you laugh a little.

"Ok, let's go to a tea house and get you some tea on rice." Dazai replies in your stead, before looking over at you.

"No, I'm not paying, asshole. Just use Kunikida's money or something but my money is not for you to use." You say as you flick his forehead.

Now you were squeezed between the stiff and large frames of two men. How did you somehow get into this predicament? Let's rewind a bit.

"I cannot allow you to sit next to [Y/n]! For all I know, you'll make her fall into your trap like the womanizer you are, and it would ruin the ADA's reputation!" Kunikida says with hands ready to strangle Dazai at any given moment.