ACT IV

𝙹𝚄𝙳𝙰𝙷 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚃
✟✟✟
MAY 6th

"You good?"

Soleil looked at me in the reflection of the mirror and gave me a nod as we stood in the bathroom.

After last nights mishap, I ducked out to the store and grabbed Soleil a Plan B asap. That was a mistake that we couldn't afford to make.

"You mad at me?" She asked softly.

I rose my brow and stepped closer to her.

"Why the hell would I be mad at you?"

"I should've reminded you."

I shook my head. "Nah, I got caught up. That's on me. Ain't shit your fault. We, meaning myself....just needs to be more careful."

I leaned over her shoulder and kissed her cheek and she gave me a small smile.

"You should go pack...we gon be leaving after me and Monie get back."

"Simone isn't even back here yet. I think she had a fun night herself." She joked.

"Gross." I said before walking out of the bathroom. Soleil giggled and followed me out.

"Do you think your mother heard us?"

"Nah. She kinda zone out with when she home. Get her in her room watching a good movie. She wouldn't hear me if we were being robbed."

I sat on the edge of my bed and she stepped between my legs, allowing me to rest my hand on her waist.

"You gon be good here by yaself?"

"Yea, I can finish my book without distractions." She said, throwing a shot at me.

"Man....shut the fuck up." I pulled her closer to me and kissed her stomach. "Ain't hear you tryna stop me, now did I?"

"Whatever. I'm going back to the guest room..."

"Mmm...fine..."

"Sad?"

"Nah, was thinking bout eating it real quick."

She slapped my arm and stepped back with a laugh. "Go spend time with your grandfather."

"It's not like the nigga remembers who I am." I joked unintentionally.

I'd been doing that a lot lately when it came to the topic of Toosie. Shit just helped me cope with the situation, I didn't mean any harm by it.

Soleil looked at me softly and gave a small frown.

"Don't do that."

"I'm not doing anything just....if you want to talk...I'll listen."

I smirked. "Knew you cared about me."