things we haven't lost

How long has it been since I last changed this shirt? I've lost and gained weight in it a thousand times, and other things as well.

The position I'm in, you don't understand, is what I've been avoiding my whole life. A man, destiny, the road to avoid it. I can only hope. I was dying then and I'm dead now, and yet I've never been more alive. If I could only keep my bed on when I go out, or stay home without one. Anything, I would do, that was my decision and not someone else's. But what can you do. It's not about the money, really, but proving I'm not helpless and thus proving I am.

We have this tendency of averting our eyes when someone talks of their dreams, like it's obscene. We're just not ready to face what we've lost on the way to the dance. Remember, when. I had those too, and more than you. I haven't lost my hands, though, they're just scarred. At least when I'm done for the day the universe has set aside a little moon for me to live on.

This thing that we do of sitting on a moon and dreaming of the worlds we had then and those we should've had now. I haven't lost anything, I've only put it on pause. No one should take this lonesome moon from us, this is my promise to you. It has no value and it's our richest property. Wait for me to build it a planet, and then it – we – will shine with purpose again, like we've never done before.