Chapter Twenty-Five

Michael: *takes a sip from his coffee mug while reading one of his favorite books*

Me: APPLEHEAD! 😁

Michael: Aaah! *jumps with a startle* Oh, it's just you. *chuckles*

Me: *snickers and then sits down on the sofa next to me* Whatcha readin'?

Michael: A book.

Me: What's it about?

Michael: Um...I'd rather not answer that.

Me: Aw, come on! Why not??? 😃

Michael: It's not for someone your age.

Me: I'm not a child Applehead!

Michael: *giggles* I know that, silly.

Me: But you're a child at heart. Just like Peter Pan.

Michael: Yes...that's true. *turns to the next page on the book he was reading*

Me: So, you shouldn't be reading that book, either. *tries to take the book away from Michael, and succeeds by running away*

Michael: Hey! *laughs* 😂 I was reading that!

Me: Nope! 🤣 If I can't read it, then your innocent child-like self can't read it either!

Michael: *runs after me while laughing and almost catches up with me, but then gets sprayed because I sprayed him with my supersoaker*

Me: POW! I gotcha good Michael!

Michael: I just took a shower! And I washed my hair throughly!

Me: *runs out the back door and makes my way towards the Neverland swimming pool*

Michael: *grabs me and his book before I get a chance to jump into the pool*

Me: Hey! No fair! 😂

Michael: I'll be taking my book back, thank you very much. *takes his favorite book from me*