Chapter XIV - Kisses

I kissed Hunter. He pulled away a moment later, stunned. We stared at each other, wide eyed and not sure what to say for I don't know how long. Then I freaked and ran out.

Hunter called after me, but I didn't look back or answer. I ran into the basement, closing the door behind me louder and harder than intended.

I didn't care. I ran down the steps and thanked the Titan Gus was sat there on his sofa, playing with his newest bit of human junk.

"Gus! Gus, you gotta help me. I messed up. I messed up so hard."

"What?" Gus asked, sitting up.

I kissed Hunter. I kissed my first ever best friend. I loved what I had with Hunter, I loved our friendship and our dynamic and the way we could both just nerd out about whatever around each other. I loved the sound of his voice and his hair (he was right, I loved his hair no matter what he did with it). I loved everything about him. I was crushing on him like I'd never crushed on anyone before, and I hated that I did.

"Doesn't matter. It's Hunter. When he comes, say I'm not here."

"What? Why? You and Hunter are best friends. Why are you hiding from him?" Gus asked.

"Gus!" I yelled. I glanced up at the door. "Gus, just do this for me. When he comes, say I'm not here."

Gus sighed. "Get in the closet."

"You're the best." I said, running in and closing the door behind me. I sat down on the floor and waited, pressing my ear against the door and listening.

A second later the door opened and I heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Gus, have you seen Y/n?" Hunter asked.

"Y/n? Uh... no." Gus said. I sighed with relief softly. "Why?"

Hunter paused. "Nothing. If you see them, say I'm looking for them."

"Yeah, will do. What happened? What they do?" Gus pushed.

"It... it's nothing. Just... I need to talk to them. Just tell them I'm looking for them." I heard him go upstairs again.

"Tell me and I'll tell them." Gus said.

Hunter paused again. I held my breath.

"No." Hunter said at last. I heard the door close. A second later Gus opened the closet door and looked down at me, one hand on his hip.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"Nothing?" I offered.

"Tell me." Gus whined.

"No." I whined back.

"Then I'll go tell Hunter." Gus walked away.

"No!" I lunged. I crashed into him from behind and we both fell. I landed on top of him and quickly put him in a headlock.

Gus groaned and pulled at my arms, I didn't budge.

"Wow." He said. "You're really strong."

"I was in the Emperor's Coven since I was younger than you. What did you expect?"

Gus groaned again. "Okay. I won't tell him."

I let him go and stood. Gus rubbed his neck and sat on his knees.

"You should talk to him though. Whatever you did, you guy's will talk it out. I remember when we first met, you two had a massive argument after the Flyer Derby match, and by the end of the day you were best buddies again."

"Fine. I'll talk to him." I headed up the stairs. "Just... later. I need to figure what I'm gonna say first."

"Where you going?" Gus asked.