Chapter 9

I'm basing this off the year Hazbin Hotel came out so it'd be 2019 now.
_____________________

86 years in Hell. You've managed to get very far with your title. Because the Radio Demon has never challenged you for power, you've remained the most powerful Overlord.

But something was missing...

This hole in your heart felt like it was never going to fill. What were you missing? You had power, fame, money. What else could there be?

You ignored it. For as long as you could at least.

You went down into the city today. Nothing on your mind. You felt oddly empty. Numb.

You went around a corner to turn onto the street of a new cannibal diner, run by Earth's very own Jeffery Dahmer. Apparently he left Earth with quite a bit of trauma.
Many people seemed to be running from the joint. What could've been so scary? You went in and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. That was until...you saw...him. The very demon who was too cowardly to accept a challenge.

"Well, hello there, Alastor. Good to finally see you." You had a smile plastered on your face but you wanted nothing more than to rip his heart out.
Alastor stood up from the booth he was sitting at and straightened out his outfit a bit.
"Hell's finest Overlord. Right before me! What an honor!" He exclaimed.
"Would've seen me sooner if you fought me." You mentioned coldly.
"Let's not talk about that," he averted from looking into your eyes, "have a seat, darling." He motioned to the seat across from his. You sat down while keeping a cold glare on him.
"So," you started, "why haven't you tried to conquer my territory? As much as I hate to admit it, you don't seem so cowardly." You asked and it agitated him a bit. You could see it in his eyes. He let out a small sigh.
"My dear, we really shouldn't talk about this. I have my reasons and let's keep it at that." Alastor picked up his menu and began to scan the options. You did the same and decided to drop the topic. Why ask if he's going to keep being stubborn?
"So, what do you plan on getting?" He practically slammed down his menu which made you jump a bit. A happier spirit seemed to have tale over.
"I like gumbo so I'm hoping they have that. If not then maybe a stew." You answered.
"Ah yes. Gumbo..." He was still staring at you. Something was off about this man. He felt so familiar. Did you know him from when you were alive?
"Have we met before?"
"You were just nagging about how we haven't. You of all people should be able to answer that question." He let out a hearty laugh. You rolled your eyes.
"I meant when we were alive. You died only a year after me and you look very familiar." He stiffened a bit.
"No, darling, I don't believe we did. I'm guessing you don't remember much of your life?" You put your menu down.
"I don't. I haven't remembered a single thing. It's exhausting. It's like I have this weight and it never gets any lighter."
"That happens to most demons."
"Has it happened to you?"
"Goodness no! I remember everything!"
"No need to brag.."
"I'm sorry, my dear."
A waitress came over to take your orders. She was small but very round. You quickly decided to get a heart stew mixed with a little lung. Alastor got a flesh sandwich.
(Weird. I know. Bear with me here.)
You decided to make some simple conversation. It might be useful to get to know Alastor.
"So...Alastor... how has Hell been treating you?" You took a bite out of soup after asking.
"Ahh, it's been so delightful! But lately, my work has become... rather boring, one could say. I'm lacking something. I need a new form of entertainment."
"New entertainment?"
"Why yes, my dear! Doing the same thing every day leaves no wonder in the future. I need something new. Recently, I think I found what I'm looking for." His smile turned a bit more mischievous.
"And what, pray tell, is this special something?"
"Rumor has it that the Princess of Hell is opening some sort of Hotel. The reasoning is unknown but I have a good feeling that it will be very entertaining!"
"And what if it's just a plain old hotel for junkies to crash?" It seemed strange

_________________________
GUESS WHOS WATTPAD LOGGED THEM OUT FOR NO REASON..... ME YEAH THAT WAS FUN. I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND I THOUGHT ID LOSE THIS BOOOOOKKKOk side rant over
_________________________

"Well that, my dear, is why I'm asking you to tag along!" Alastor jumped up from his seat and sat next to you in your booth. His arm wrapped around you and pulled you close. Like a salesman...
"This could be the opportunity of a lifetime! I was planning on taking a look at it right now! If you were watching the news, you would have seen a lovely fiasco! Ahh, it was delightful." He became much calmer, still a little crazy, but his smile became satisfied and comfortable. Chaos making a man comfortable? You couldn't tell if you were creeped out or attracted to him. Nevertheless, you thought about it. You do remember taking a slight glance at a TV while passing through. It had a picture of the lovely Princess. You've met her a few times at Lucifer's festivities. She's a lovely girl. Charming, sweet, but too angel-like for Hell.
"BARTENDERR!" You jumped at the sudden noise. You looked over to see a trembling man standing with a serving plate held in front of him like a shield. Alastor walked to the bar and snapped his fingers, teleporting the remote to his hands. He jumped to a news station. It was only a replay, meaning you missed the original screening. Alastor filled in some blanks or cleared up the misunderstandings.
"This is your 'miracle hotel?' No one's gonna set one foot inside that shit hole." You turned to look at Alastor.
"One man's trash is another man's treasure, ma chère. Who knows what we'll find."