Chapter 14

Back to:

Run
RUN!
RUN!!

As little as 50 angels began to crash through the ceiling and walls of the chapel.
"Where's the breach?!" Charlie asked. You kept pulling her through the chaos. You were able to find the way back to the breach. It was beginning to seal up, so you push Alastor and Charlie into it. Bad idea. You were all falling. Getting closer and closer to your second death. A black shadow engulfs you, and you're safely teleported to the ground.
"Thanks, Al," Charlie says. You look over to the Radio Demon, who dusts off his suit.
"No trouble, really." He looks back at you, looks to where the breach once was, then back to you. "I doubt they'll give us much time," you nod in agreement. Charlie marches her way into the hotel and calls for a meeting with the residents. She talks about the details of her meeting and how the extermination was now only months away.
"We. Need. Customers. If we can really prove that this hotel is a good idea, then we need to get people to want to come here!" Charlie panics.
"Could telling them and urging them to redeem themselves be sufficiant?" You wonder out loud.
"Who wouldn't want to spend their last night in Hell fuckin' and sinnin'?" Angel answers. You give him a slight nod. He wasn't wrong. Just as you were about to speak, a loud explosion came from the entrance. The wall is broken down... again.
"Show yourself, Alasssssssstor."
You quickly run out of the hotel, Charlie and Vaggie close behind. Alastor manifests next to you.
"Who are you?" He asks. You look at him with confusion.
"We've done battle, like, 20 times?" Sir Pentious.
Alastor leans on his staff and cocks his head. "Well, you must've been really bad at this."
"SILENCE!! Now, cower! For when I have ssslain you, the V's will finally acknowledge me as their equal!"
Nifty crawls up to your shoulder and perches herself. "Who are the V's?"
"No one to worry about, little one." You pat her head. Alastor begins destroying the war machine once again. You can hear Sir Pentious screaming for mercy as dark tenicles penetrate and destory.
"Uhmm, Al? I think he's had enough." Charlie says worridly.
An evil smirk grows on your face. Your eyes flash teal as you conjure a candy. Explosive candy. There's a hole in the war machines window, and you throw the explosive in.
"3... 2...," and explosion goes off, and Sir Pentious is thrown out of his zepplin, landing right in front of your group with a loud thud.
"1."
"Thanks for another forgetable experience." Alastor boasts.
Sir Pentious lets out a groan, "Thank you.. for letting your guard down! HAH!" Pentious's tail whips to Alastor and a part of his coat. The smile on his face turned sinister as his shadow appeared in front of him. Another explosion is set, and Sir Pentious is sent flying once again. You manage to shield the others before debris and smoke come wafting into your faces. Once the smoke clears, you bring the shield down and brush yourself off.
"A warning, next time, would be a little nice." You say, crossing your arms at Alastor. He laughs and walks over to you.
"Yes, well, it looks as though I need to visit the tailor. Be a dear and fix the mess?"
"Yeah, yeah. Don't tell me how to do my job." You turn away, and with a wave of your hand, a new wall appears. Good as new! Alastor lets out a quiet hum and walks away. Everyone begins to head inside, but Charlie and Vaggie soon head out in search of new recruits, leaving Nifty to her cleaning, Husk and Angel at the bar, and you bored. With nothing better to do, you conjur your spell book and sit on the couch.
"What'cha reading, sugar tits?" Angel calls to you. You rest the book on your lap and turn to him.
"Angel, how much of your human life do you remember?"
He thinks for a moment before getting out of his seat and sitting with you on the couch, "I remember all of it. If you're talking about that memory loss shit, it's more common with Overlord and higher-ups like you and Deer Daddy."
"...please never call him that in front of me ever again.." Angel laughs and loops his arm around your shoulder. "Look, I heard it from the V's, but they all lost some of their memories. I think they made some sorta deal."
"The V's made deals?"
"Maybe. Val hasnt ever been the opening up type." Angel pulls away again while you rest your head in your hands.

Would you make a deal to get your memories back?