;02

constellations

It was late at night and Anila was up doing a puzzle

It was late at night and Anila was up doing a puzzle. She had more than half done so she decided to do it tomorrow. She stood up from sitting at her desk and she pushed the chair in.

She walked over to her dresser that had 4 drawers and picked out clothes to wear to bed. When she started changing someone knocked on her door.

"Just a second" She replied to the person at her bedroom door. She put on her black lace strapped tank top and grey sweatpants.

She opened the door and Spider was standing there. "Hey Anila. Can I uh talk to you?" He was fidgeting with his hair that was at his shoulders.

"Yeah of course." Anila let him in and Spider walked inside. She sat on her bed and patted the spot next to her. He sat down beside her and looked at her unfinished puzzle on her desk.

Anila is an observer, when she's not focused on something. She would've noticed the Socorro boy was nervous as hell if she wasn't tired.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Anila looked at Spider and he looked at Anila back. She tilted her head and he started talking.

"Um do you wanna come with me, and the Sully kids and explore the forest tomorrow?" He licked his lips and looked down.

"Yeah but in which direction? Sandra says im not allowed to go East because of the rapids."

Spider looked back up and took a deep breath. "I guess we can go South?" Spider looked at Anila and she was yawning.

"Are you tired? I can leave if you want to sleep." Spider got up but Anila pulled him back down by his arm.

Spiders stomach felt like fireworks erupted inside. They tickled with nervousness.

"No. It's okay, stay." Spider sat back down and he felt his cheeks warm up. He hoped he didn't look pink.

Anila let go of his arm and yawned again. She had a flashback. Spider and Anila were 9, it was around 7 o'clock and they were coloring some pages Sandra printed for them.

"Spider, we haven't had a sleepover in so long! Do you wanna sleepover tonight?" Anila smiled at Spider and he thought about it.

He's going to have to sleep in Anila's bed with her. Was there enough space for both of them? Lo'ak's voice repeated in his head.

"Just tell her."

"Spider?" He came back to reality when he heard the voice that made his insides melt. "Yeah, I'll sleepover. Do we sleep in the same bed?"

"Yeah if your comfortable with it." Anila pushed over towards the wall.

"Can I sleep by the wall though? It feels safer." Anila covered herself with the blanket. "Yeah I don't mind." Spider laid down beside Anila and covered himself with the blanket that had constellation patterns on it.

The one major thing that they had in common was their love for stars. They used to steal telescopes from the roof and go to the cliff and try name constellations. They both equally miss it.

It was awkward at first until Anila spoke up. "I think I'm going to bed now. I'm very tired." Anil turned onto her side to face the wall.

"Goodnight Spider." Anila pressed the button by her windowsill to shut the light off. "Goodnight Anila." Spider knew he wouldn't be able to sleep.

He knew what he was supposed to say. He practiced so many times with Lo'ak. Neteyam walked in and gave him advice too.

"Dont rush it Spider. Just tell her when you know it's the right time."

Lo'ak of course just said "No you liked her for so long already. Just tell her tonight."

Spider Socorro decided to listen to Neteyam. He tried to shut down his thoughts but it failed. Anila was sleeping already. She must've been really tired; he thought.

He closed his eyes and took counted as high as he could and he finally fell asleep.

K speaks!

omg sorry it took all day. I noticed it was 11:09 pm and I came straight onto here because I didnt even make this chapter. Sorry if it sucks cuz im all dumb n high too.

Not proof read