The Monster in the Painting- Xavier Thrope

I was just on time when class started and was confused to find only Xavier sitting at our table with Wednesday's seat next to him being empty.

But I quickly shook that thought out of my head and took a seat next to Xavier, god knows what my sister is up to again this time.

"Hey!" I said as I sat down and Xavier returned a friendly "Hey! Where's Wednesday?"
I shook my head and raised my shoulders "No Idea." And our teacher shushed us to be quite to begin the lesson.

When the lesson was over and Xavier turned to his side to put away his notebook, I was shocked to see three large scratches running down the side of his neck "What happened to your neck?!" I said louder than I intended it to be.

Xavier quickly covered the wound on his neck with his right hand and looked at me with wide eyes "Nothing, I injured myself in fencing lesson." He clearly lied and I just looked at him for a second.

"You do know that I can heal that, right?" I offered and his face went soft as he nodded "Meet me in the greenhouse after classes." I told him and before he could even say anything in reply I grabbed my stuff and ran to my next class.

~~~

After classes I threw my backpack in my dorm, got my herbal medicine book and went straight to the greenhouse.

The sun was already starting to set as I mixed the concoction together that would help me heal Xavier's wound and right as I finished I heard the door opening behind me.

As I turned around I saw Xavier standing at the door. He only had his dress shirt and pants part of the school uniform on and waved at me friendly.

"Oh hey, I was getting worried you wouldn't come. Come on, sit down, I just need to finish the potion." I explained as I pointed to a stool sitting next to me.

Xavier took a seat at the stool and spoke up "Thanks for offering to heal me up." He said and I smiled as I put the last ingredient in the mix "No problem, I don't want you ending up with blood poisoning." I said and I could hear him chuckle.

After I finished the potion I took anoter stool and sat down right in front of Xavier, our knees nearly touching.

"Uh.. I'd need you to untie your tie and unbutton your collar a bit for me, please." I said as I felt a bit of embarrassment rush to my head as I watched his every move.

He unbuttoned his shirt about halfway, revealing a bit of his toned chest.
"Ok, before we start, you need to know that this can hurt a bit since it's your first time getting healed by powers." I said looking deep into his eyes and he nodded understandingly."No need to worry when you're here with me." He joked and we both chuckled.

"I'll first put this paste onto the wound to disinfect the wound and it helps getting out all the unwanted stuff. When that's done I will start with closing the wound, ok? Putting this on may burn a little." I explained as I started applying the paste I made to the cuts and Xavier flinched in the process.

"You ok?" I asked worried and he just took a deep breath and answered "No, yeah, I'm good. Keep going." While clenching his teeth together.

I nodded my head and continued applying the paste until the entire wound was evenly covered.
"I will start the healing now, ok? We can stop anytime, just tell me when it gets too bad, ok?" I asked Xavier and he had an unsertain look on his face "Just go for it!" He said and I nodded.

I placed my right hand on his cheek and my left hand over the wound and began to focus on the healing process.

Xavier yelped in pain but didn't tell me to stop. As I continued, the pain only got worse for him as I expected that the deepest parts of the cuts would hurt the most.
"I'm so sorry Xavier, just hold on another second." I said as he flinches in pain.

He grabbed onto the sides of my shirt with his hands and laied his forehead onto my shoulder and I caress his face and stroke his hair with my free hand as I tried to end the healing as fast as possible "I'm so sorry, it's nearly done!" I said to try and calm him down and a second later the wound was closed and I quickly took away my left hand.

Xavier nearly fell onto me from exauhstion, and I barely managed to catch him.
We sat there for a moment , Xavier still holding onto my shirt for the life of him, his head resting on my shoulder, heavily breathing into my neck as I stroke over his long hair.

"Thank you." I eventually heard him mumbleing as he started to prop himself up again.
Our eyes met and we both chuckled a bit "No problem." I said and Xavier smiled his significant smile.

"I'm glad you let me do this. Otherwise, you'd have probably been taking to the hospital for severe blood poisoning way before the Raven." I mentioned and Xavier looked a bit shocked."Wow, that bad?" He asked and I nodded.

"Now tell me, who or what did this to you?" I asked and I could see a light blush covering his face.
"It's a bit embarrassing, actually.. you see, since this monster is roaming around I have these terrible nightmares of it and so yesterday I couldn't sleep and I just drew it. My thoughts slipped up and the monster in my painting came to life and scrached me." He explained embarressed and I nodded.

"You know, my sister is pretty determined about her assumption that you are the monster responsible for this, but I don't think so..." I trailed off, looking at the ground between our feet. "Wednesday thinks that I'm the monster?" Xavier sounded nearly hurt, understandably.

"From her standpoint , it makes a lot of sense. But she can't perceive what I can. This Tyler guy smelled pretty suspicious since I first saw him at the fair with her." I explained and Xavier just looked puzzled "He smelled funny and that's why you think he's the monster?" He questioned, chuckleing.

"Ok, hear me out. I know it's weird, but because of my healing abilities, I have a really good sense of smell. Some illnesses or poisons have a certain smell and I can detect them to get a better diagnosis." I told him and he suddenly had a look of awe on his face.

"Some form of monsters are more like diseases that use a human as a host, they have a sertain smell and I think that is what Tyler smells like. I still need to figure out what he is though." I said as I put away all the mess that I made and suddenly felt Xavier's presence behind me.

I tuned around to look at the tall boy towering over me. "Thanks again." He said , his voice barely a whisper."Always." I wispered back, not breaking eye contact.

I got lost in his deep blue eyes and let my eyes travel down to his lips. "I know it's wrong, but I really want to kiss you right now." I said as I looked back up at his eyes again as they sparkled in the moonlight.

"Why would it be wrong?" He asked as his eyes traveled down to my lips and he closed the small gap between us pinning me between him and the table behind me.

Xavier started pressing soft, loving kisses on my lips as his arms found their way around my waist and my hands found their way up into his hair.

I have liked Xavier since I first came to Nevermore, but I always thought he had eyes for Wednesday.
Now standing here, kissing him, was something I've never imagined.

We stayed like that for a few moments longer before we suddenly got interrupted by the greenhouse doors swinging open.

We both quickly turned around to find Bianca standing in the door, just as baffled to see us as we were to see her.

She looked at us and took a deep breath as if she were about to say something but quickly shook her head , turned on the spot and went the opposite direction.

My eyes met Xavier's and we both had the same confused look on our faces "Do you think she saw-" I began and Xavier interrupted "Oh definitely!" And we both laughed nervously.

"Well, I think we bettet get going now or else Weems will kill us." I mentioned pointing to the door and Xavier nodded his head "Yeah, I think you're right."

He buttoned up his shirt again and grabbed all his stuff before making his way to the door. "Uhm, hey y/n? Meet me at my doorm in 10?" He asked halfway down the hall and I turned around to face him.

"U-Uh, yeah! See you in ten!" I said as I felt my face getting hot. Xavier smiled brightly and nodded his head "And don't be late!" He called out as he closed the door behind him.

A/n: I now have a full Xavier Fanfiction (currently ongoing) up on my profile, go check it out and leave some love!!♡