1. Part Beginning

Dear Diary,

It’s unbelievable to think that, almost five years ago my sister Mia and I found out we were princesses of a small European country, Genovia. And that someday I would become queen of that country.

Over those five years, every break I have , I've come to Genovia visiting my grandmother Queen Clarisse and Joe. Who are very subtly in love with each other.
And also I've tried getting to know the people of Genovia.
Mia is still going steady with Micheal, and very much in love. Micheal’s traveling the country with his band but he and my sister make it work.

I have never been in love.

Whenever I am at the palace Grandma insists on teaching me ‘Queening’ lessons and all that jazz. I’ll be crowned queen at the end of the year since Grandma is stepping down then, since I am 21 now.
I went to Harvarad and majored in Political Science and minored Law.
Right now Mia, Joe and I with Fat Louie are on the Genovia One going to Genovia. Now more permanently for me. Since I’ll be moving there, with all my stuff and books.
Tonight there will be a big party at the castle to celebrate mine and Mia’s twenty-first birthday. So, I will have to traditionally dance with every suitable bachelor.
Diary, what if I meet the one tonight?
What if?

I put the pen down and close my dark blue diary looking out the plane window at Genovia and the grassy plains surrounding the palace, while munching on a Genovian pear.
Next to me Mia sat and was also writing in her red diary. Her’s had pictures of our family scattered on different pages. Fat Louie sat to my left and calmly purred.