8. Part The End

Dear Diary,
So, I shot the ceremonial flaming arrow. That went well. It’s been  a week and soon I’ll be Queen Of Genovia.

I nervously sat in the throne room, biting my hand. I am going to be crowned queen soon. But then I sigh happily and raspberry, smiling. Fat Louie was on a pillow next to the throne. I looked at him.
“So, Fat Louie. You think I’ll make a good queen?”
“Indeed you will.” said another voice. Nicholas reveals himself coming into the room. I sit up and smile, “If I may be so bold, I would like an audience with Your Highness.”
“Uh…Sure” He walked to stand in front of me, “What is your dilemma, young man?”
“You are, in fact,” He knelt down on one knee and continued, “I am in love with the queen-to-be, and I am inquiring if she loves me, too.” I swallow as he says words.
“Do you have a chicken for my table?”
“No, no. My kitchen is out of chickens.”
“Huh, well too bad.” I slouched in my throne for millisecond before jumping out of it and running to Nicholas. He takes me in his arms and we embrace. We move a bit and my hands rest on his chest, and his around my waist.
“Kit.” Nicholas says happily. I smile at him and lean up to kiss him. My hands snake around his neck and his moves up on my back. My foot pops. Then he picks me off the ground. I kick my slippers off. I am in pure bliss.

“Company, attention!” Captain shouts. “Forward march!” The drums start playing a marching rhythm and they march, “Left, right, left!” They are in the staircase room, this is where my coronation will be. My maids dressed me in a gold and white dress and a cream cape. My hair was made up into wavy curls. The Company stops.

Everyone is ready for Grandma's entrance

Everyone is ready for Grandma's entrance. Both Grandma and I stand at the different tops of the two facing staircases’. Grandma is wearing a creamy yellow dress and the crown on her head. We smile at each other before walking down the stairs. My maids carry my train. The archbishop takes my hand and guides me to the throne. I take my seat. I am given the orb and scepter. The archbishop takes the crown from Grandma’s head and holds it up.
“Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of Genovia according to the statues in Parliament agreed on and the respective laws and customs of the same?” The crown is placed on my head. And it’s true these things are heavy. But I don’t mind and smile, “Will you, in your power, cause the law and justice and mercy to be executed in all judgements?” I look at Grandma who now wears a small crown, before facing forward. Joe stands next to Grandma and puts his arm around her shoulder. Mia and Micheal smile at each other.
“I solemnly promise so to do.” I stand from the throne. The national anthem is sung.
I turn to look at my sister and Lilly, I smile at them both. Then I look at Nicholas and he nods, I send him a wink.
The Company raises their swords and I walk under them. I even see Andrew with Lady Elissa. I send them a quick smile.
When I come to a stop at the row of raised swords. The majordomo bangs his staff.
“Presenting Her Majesty, Kathleen Odette Thermopolis Renaldi, Queen of Genovia.”
A quiet sigh leaves my lips and I close my eyes for a moment before opening them again and smiling. I did it!

The End.
A/n I hope whoever read this had a goodtime. I found there weren't many Devereaux fics on Wattpadd so I thought I'd write one. Thanks you so much for reading this.💙