+ Bonus Chapter

(AN) wow, I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has read this story. This is my little treat for you. Just so you know this is not fully proofread.

Dear, diary
Its been a busy year since I became queen. Every day seems longer but I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Especially with Nicholas by my side. I still can't believe I'm getting married! (This time for real) Its still one big hooplah and overcrowded. At least this time my dress isn't too over coiffed (I still have the other it kept in storage though).
In three days I'll be married! Three frickin' days!

I smile more to myself at the thought before clicking my pen shut and locking up my diary and putting it away in its drawer.
I look at my engagment ring, opal in a gold band with an intrucite design around the jewel. I sigh with joy and switch off the lamp next to my bed.

//

After doing my dutys for the day, I find myself unwinding in the palace garden.
I lie on an old blanket under an oaktree. Just ther right amount of shade. I'm daydreaming when a voice brings me back to the moment.
"Haven't seen you so relaxed in a long time, Kit. What happened?" Says my Nicholas, smirking. I look into his sky blue eyes and mirror his smile. "And so smiley."
"Is smiley even a word?"
"Your avoiding my question."
"Oh, many things. Genovia is thriving, my familys happy and the love of my life is here with me. Why wouldn't I be, in your words "smiley"?"
"I'm happy your happy, darling." Nic smiled and sat next to me pulling me by my waist flush against him. He kissed the top of my head. I bury my head in his chest.
"I love you," I say, though muffled  to him.
"I love you too, my queen." He says back.
"Oh, stop calling me that. Your making me blush." I look up at him, feeling my face warm.
"No I won't stop. I like it when your flustered."
"You're evil."
"And yet your the one marrying me."
"Touche," I rest my head against him and gaze at the not so distant palace. "Now that your almost fully moved in. Do you like your suite?"
"Well, I like my suite but I don't think I'll be spending a lot of time there in the future."
"Good answer." And so we spent the afternoon and the remaindering evening together. Mia and Lilly would be arriving tomorrow. Sadly, Mi and Micheal ended up breaking up, it seemed the long distance thing wouldn't work for the long term. Also there will be a celebratory dinner with some dignitaries to celebrate the wedding. Joe and Grandma will be joining us then.
//
"Mia, Lills! Your finally here!" I exclaim as I run down the stone steps to their limo.
The three of us tople over onto the gravely ground laughing.
"Finally! It took him long enough to propose." Lilly said. We helped each other up.
"We both thought we should have a longer period of time to test out our relationship before making it official."
"Yeah, I know, now show us the ring."
Here, I showed the two of them.
"Its so beautiful!" "You've got a good one, Kitty!" Both of the said.
"Aww, thanks. Now lets get inside. There's been warnings about a big rainstorm hitting Genovia soon," their bags had already been taken care of and we took off in a chase to get indoors.

We spend the day together catching up on each others lives.

In the afternoon we start prepping for the dinner. I do my own make up, my stylist curling my hair in soft waves. I'm wearing a green evening dress with long flowy sleeves with beige kitten heels. A diamond head band is put on my headband.

I head out of my suite and when I close the door I see Nicholas

"Were you waiting for me?" I couldn't help but smile.
"Of course." He offers me his arm, I take it and we head downstairs to the dining hall.

The evening went well, I was happy Grandma and Joe joined us.
//

The day before the wedding, there would mostly just be a lot of preparations for the wedding. I chose not to have a bridal shower, instead opting to spend the day with my family. Mom and my step dad were there having flyed in that same day.

When night shadowed over the palace and everyone was asleep, I couldn't. I wasn't getting cold feet or anything. I still felt like my wedding, though more intimite this time around, was still more for the nation and not for me and Nic.

So, I got up from my bed and threw a robe over the t-shirt I borrowed(more likely stolen), and snuck out of my room. There were guards in the hallway but they didn't bother me.
I make my way to Nicholas' suite and knocked on his door. Nothing. I knock again this time harder/louder, whisper shouting his name. There's some shuffeling and in a few moments I see my deshevled fianceé.
"Kit, what are you doing?" He looks at me confused.
"Wanted to see you."
"Yeah, I get that. But its three in the morning," he says.
"I know. I'll only be a few minutes. Can I come in?"
"Of course, Queenie." He opens the door wider and I step in. He closes the door and stands infront of me.
"I want to marry you." I say, completely serious look on my features.
"Mhm, same here. Thats why we're getting married in a few hours." He didn't get it.
"No, Nic. I want to marry you now."
"What, here in my suite?" He looks at me, incrediously. I smile.
"No, silly. Not in your suite. In a small chapel with just the people closest to us-"
"Like you always wanted." He finshes for me, smiling, taking my hands in his. "I think we can do that."
"Thank you." I lean up and kiss his lips.

So, we knock on everyone we want to join us and wake them up. By the time the clock hits five, everyone ones ready. We got found a priest and everything. Mom and Mia helped me get ready. I had on a long sleeved white lace dress with a midi skirt. Lily had found white flowers to put in my hair. And to finish silky white flats.

We kept the vows sweet and simple

We kept the vows sweet and simple. Nic cried, I cried, everyone cried. I'm pretty sure even Joe let a few tears slip.
Later we got a drink and went to sleep for a few hours. This was what I wanted.
I only disliked that I had to part from Nic, thankfully only for a few hours. After the official wedding, I never had to leave his side.

//

And so the official wedding was also done.
Now was time for the reception. Hundreds of people crowded the garden of The Palace under big white tents. I had changed in to the dress I had worn earlier in the morning. Nic and I sat together at the newlywed table(I'm not completely sure what its called).
"Now, the royal couple shall have their first dance as husband and wife," the Master of Ceremonies spoke. Nic got up and offered me his hand. I took it with a smile and rose. (Now you can play the song at the start of the chapter)
He leads me to the dance floor and we start slowly moving to the music. His one hand at the small of my back, the other holding my right hand. We look into each others eyes and I can feel the joy in us both.
He leans closer to my left ear. His breath sends a shiver down my spine. "Are you happy?"
"I am, very. Are you?" I whisper to him and kiss his cheek. I look into his sky blue eyes and already knowing the answer.
"Very, I couldn't be a luckier man."
"Remember when you said you loathed me."
"If I remember right you said that first."
"Mhm. Well, that didn't last very long for us. Hating each other."
"No, it did not. I wouldn't have it any other way."
"Me neither." I lean up and kiss his lips.

≈The End≈