.1

i walked down into the kitchen where my mother was awaiting me. she looked in a better mood then she was compared to other days.

my mother still hasn't gotten over the disappearance of my brother, Vance Hopper.

neither have i, i' m still getting used to the fact that he won't be there to lecture me about why I go to school or walking past the grab 'n go and not seeing him through the windows playing that stupid pinball game.

i never saw the point in it really, but if he liked it, then that's fine.

'morning sweetie' my mother greeted me. 'morning mum' i walked up to her a pecked her cheek.

i took a bowl and cereal out of the cupboard and made my way to the fridge to get some milk. i poured everything into that one bowl and took a spoon, i then sat down on a stool that was in front of the counter.

'how are you holding up with your brother not... being here?' my mother asked as she came and sat down next to me.

'it's... i don't know' i shoved a spoonful into my mouth and chewed it.

my mother nodded in response. 'you know i'm here if you need someone to talk to.. yeah?'

'i know' i smiled at her. she smiled back at me as she got up.

i finished up my cereal and placed the bowl in the sink and filled it with water, i then trudged up the stairs to get my bag and walk to school.

'bye dear' my mother came over and kissed my cheek and hugged me. i wrapped my arms around her.

we pulled away from each other as i departed my home. 'bye!'

i began to walk along the path to meet the with blake's.

a familiar black van passed me, i had seen that van drive around the streets a few times as i walked to meet with my friends, or just for a walk in general.

after a few minutes of walking, a couple of familiar faces strolled up to me.

'hey em!' gwen greeted me with a hug, i wrapped my arms around her. 'hey guys'

we eventually pulled away allowing me to greet finn.

truth is, i've had a crush on finney blake for a little while now, he's cute, smart, funny and very handsome.

we began walking down the long path

'its new' finn said.

gwen and i had stopped walking and turned to face him.

'what is?' gewn asked her brother.

'the flyer, mr yamada has been putting them up again' he replied.

we looked over to the fence to see a few new flyers that had been hung up of bruce yamada, he had been missing for a few days now.

i felt really bad for their family, as a matter of fact i felt bad for anyone thats had their son, daughter or even sibling go missing ever, my brother being one of the missing kids. it made me feel a bit sad just thinking about it.

'you dont think their going to find them, do you?' finn looked at me and realised what he had just said. 

'not how they want to..' gwen looked at me too as i just looked down at my feet.

'sorry em.. i didn't mean to bring that up in front of you..' finn said as i lifted my head up to meet his eyes. those gorgeous eyes...

'its okay' i smiled at him trying to make him feel better.

'come on, lets go, we're gonna be late.'

we began to walk again.

after a couple of minutes, we heard some sort of.. chanting.

we walked around the corner and saw a bunch of kids huddling around two students from our school.

we ended up walking up to them, and found our fellow friend, robin arellano about to start up a fight with a kid named moose.

next thing i new, moose was on the ground while robin was on top of him punching him really hard in his face.

i must saw, i really enjoyed watching that dipshit get put in his place.

'get him robin!' gwen shouted.

'come on.. lets go' finn tried pulling us back.

'holy shit!' gwen said.

'come on gwen, lets go' i said trying to pull her back.

i eventually gave up and started walking myself.

finn ended up pulling gwen back as they caught up to me and started walking again.

'what the hell, that was moose!' gwen told us.

'i dont care' finn replied.

'moose is a giant asshole' gwen said back to him

'that i have to agree with' i spoke up.

'you too?' finn looked at me as i just smiled at him.

'last year, when he made your nose bleed-'

'gwen' finn cut her off but she kept talking anyways. 'he had it coming'

'no one has that coming' he looked back referring to what had just happened.

'he beat you up-' she tried telling him but he cut in. 'i know gwen, i was there'

i continued to watch the to bickering, but after a while i completely zoned out and before i knew it we had arrived at the school.

we all said out goodbyes and parted ways.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

em speaks!!!

hello everybody!

i hope you enjoyed

this first chapter of

this book!

does anyone else

love taylor swift as

much as I do?

from now on imma

just add a bunch of my

favorite taylor swift songs

up the top so feel free

to listen to them while

your reading!!

love em <3