004

Tsireya leads my family through the village as we pass by other villagers on their flexible woven paths. Tuk stops for a second to stare at one of their sea creatures. Its face oddly reminds me of that of an Ikran but its body is adapted to withstand water environments.

"come on Tuk, let's go," Kiri said lightly to Tuk as she passed her by. Tuk got up shortly after.

Tuk began to bounce on the path as we finally made it in front of what looked to be our new "home".

"This is for you, your new home," Tsireya stated to my family.

"Yeah, this will work," Father said while looking around at the inside of it.

The place is semi-open, with not much privacy. Not like we had back in the forest. The trees shielded us from many things, and now here we stand...in the reef...completely different from all of the wonders of my home. I wasn't too happy about the sudden change, but I understood. My family will be safe this way. I couldn't allow that monster to reach us ever again.

As I glanced back at the girl, finally able to get a good glimpse of her since we got here, I sensed that I knew her from somewhere. Not just her though, this entire land. I have seen her and this place before. But where?...

'...in my dream. The dream where I watched Neteyam-'

I couldn't even finish the thought. I wouldn't even allow it to be spoken in my mind. 'It will not happen, IT WILL NOT!'. I try to soothe myself but that seems impossible as I have no other possible lie or explanation to tell myself to stop myself from believing that my dream could be true. 'Did Eywa bless me with the ability to see that day?'...there's no other explanation.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my father saying something to my mother only for her to drop our stuff to the ground in our Marui pod.

~

I sit in the corner of our Marui, weaving away at the basket I never got to finish. It seemed as though something always got in the way every single time I tried. I start to wonder If I'll ever be able to finish it.

As I'm in the trance of skillfully moving my fingers to pull the leaves and wood of the basket over and under itself, I feel a presence over me. Not a physical presence. A presence that is similar to that of the wind passing through my hair, as it kisses my cheeks. A warm feeling that washes over me like I've been brought in for a big hug. Then I hear a thumping, like a heartbeat. I'm aware of the rhythm of my mine, so I know it is not my own.
And as quickly as this presence came it vanished like a passing wind, not knowing where it came from or where it went...just gone.

"Okay, Sully's fall in." My father said as he walked in with my mother. I sat my unfinished basket down and walked over. Maybe I won't be able to finish it after all.

Neteyam pulls on Lo'ak, managing to get him to crouch down instead of standing there as he planned on doing. I finally make it around to crouch down next to my father with Tuk moving to sit in front of me.
As we all were positioned in a circle in front of my father, he began to speak.

"Look, I need you kids on your best behavior. I mean it. Learn fast, pull your weight. Don't cause trouble, got it?" He directed his last statement to Lo'ak.

"Yes, sir" Lo'ak responded. Neteyam then teasingly pulled his neck which only caused Lo'ak to let out a frustrated hiss. I could feel Tuk starting to shrivel up in my arms before she started to cry.