005

(Jake's Pov)

"THE ONLY THING YOU'VE PROVEN IS HOW YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT... YOU DISAPPOINT ME...YOU DISAPPOINT THIS FAMILY!"

I continued shouting at my daughter.

"DO YOU HEAR ME? SPEA-"

I was yelling at her to respond before I heard a very audible shaky breath come from her before I heard her let out a louder cry. My heart twisted and It hit me. I realized what I had just done.
I practically just screamed her head off and called her useless. I look at her dejected form and saw how similar she looked to that when she was only a four-year-old little girl. The four-year-old girl that would come running to my arms crying due to some of the village kids picking on her. Only this time I would be the cause of her tears.
I was stumbling on my words, finding the words to say to get her to forgive me. Forgive her dumb father for not choosing his words better.

I moved my hands to softly touch her shoulders as I looked down at her.

"... baby girl...Look, I didn't mean i-"

She didn't let me fully respond. Only swatting my hands away before she ran out of the pod. I ran my hand through my hair.

"Dammit..." I said as I kicked the wall of the Marui.

~

(Sylwanin's Pov)

I continued to sob as I collapsed down onto a secluded section of the beach. I just wanted to be alone.

Twenty minutes had passed and I had finally collected myself to just stare off into the distance at the crashing waves. I focused on that. Whatever helped me take my mind off my father. I focused on looking straight ahead. I didn't even turn to look at who was creating the footsteps coming from my right. I ignored them and turned my head away slightly to the left, assuming that it was my father who had found me and was trying to make peace with me.

"Hey..."

I turned to see Ao'nung standing there looking at me softly. It was very uncharacteristic of him. If I had been in my right mind I would've questioned it further.

"What do you want?.." I ask not harshly, but quietly with a hint of a crack in my voice that I tried to hide. I could tell he noticed.

He walked over and sat very close to me. Close enough for our hips to be bumping against each other. I almost wanted to scoot over from the close proximity, but I couldn't lie to myself. Having him there, comforting me in his own way, felt nice. Even though he was an ass at times.

We spoke for a little while. He'd crack the occasional joke that would make me let out a laugh. He'd smile in turn. It felt nice.

I stood up after three hours had passed and said my goodbye to him. As I was a few steps away I turned back to look at him with a slight smile adorning my features.

"...Thank you."

He nodded his head at me as I continued on back toward the Marui.

I walked much slower as I realized what I was walking back to. 'Oh Eywa, watch over me' I say in my head as I let out an exhausted grunt. My eyes were still kinda puffy. I could only hope my mother didn't notice. I didn't feel like bringing up father and I's fight. I didn't want to think about it anymore, he said what he wanted to say. It's done.