008

Neteyam, Lo'ak, and I are shimmying on the ceiling holding on to different ridges as we climb above the humans who look to be evacuating. We stop moving as we wait for them to pass by.

We settled in a spot in the ceiling, far above the path as we watched on at the humans walking by, escorting Spider to a rescue raft. 

My brothers and I jumped down on my signal and took their rifles out of their hands. I whipped one of them with the back of the gun before ripping the mask off another, all of them falling down to the ground fairly quickly as Spider also joins in as we subdue them. 

I see from the corner of my eye one of the soldiers lifting their body up from the ground to reach for his gun. Before he pulls the trigger toward us I quickly fire into his head. His blood splatters on the wall behind him and on my thighs, chest, and face. I'm covered in it. It gets in my mouth. The taste of the man's metallic-y blood sends my mind rushing back to the vision. 

The sight of Fire and smoke everywhere, the taste of blood in my mouth, and Neteyam-. This was it, the moment was now. 

I had to do something different this time.

"Let's go, let's go!" I say as I stopped looking down at the dead man and up towards my brothers and Spider. I let out a huff as I pushed them along down the metal walkway, a gun still firmly pressed in my hands as Lo'ak carried one too.

We jumped a floor down and Spider gave his thanks to us for saving him.

 My brother then turns to see one of Quaritch's men and I look up and spot him as well. Lo'ak brings up his gun to start firing but I push it back down and shove all of us to the side, saving Lo'ak from being riddled with bullets. 

The avatar soldiers still fire bullets off in the direction of where we crouch behind a nearby wall, slowly closing in on us with a few more soldiers following closely.

I push the boys forward through the winding hallways of the ship, desperate to find somewhere to get them out without catching a stray bullet to the head.

We have to dive behind another wall as they continue spraying bullets in our direction.

 I turn to fire my gun out toward them but it makes a 'Click...Click' noise back to me.

 I pull the magazine off of the gun. Empty. Shit. I turn to my left to see Lo'ak still gripping his gun tightly, ready to shoot.

"Give me that!" I say as I throw my last gun to the ground and steal his. 

Firing back into the soldiers causes them to cease their fire and seek cover. 

We continue to try and take shots at each other. 

I'm still managing to hold them back and I turn towards the boys.

"Come on, we gotta get out of here. I spotted a clearing to our left. We run there on my signal, got it?" I sounded like dad and I knew that but these were serious times. I need to get this right.

I shoot a couple more times before I wave my arms at them to jump in the water in the clearing. "Go, go, go!" I say as I quickly follow behind them as they scatter. Lo'ak dives in first next to Spider and Neteyam runs on my right side.