Stupid Hyungnim

Tomorrow is the royal wedding of the new crown prince.

And here he was, the crown prince Yi Kang, still busy with his cohort, talked about state matters. He ignored all the festives of his upcoming wedding. If the usual crown prince was brood and cold, this state of his was on a different level. He was throwing another scroll and cursed some idiot inspector. A mere seconds ago, he had already sworn at head magistral of some town. He even gave his eunuch an evil eye just because he was there.

Bogum-gun sighed. Did he plan to attend his wedding with that look?

"Hyungnim, tomorrow is your wedding," Bogum-gun warned.

"So?" Yi Kang's eyes still not moved from the scroll. Bogum-gun gave exparated look on his brother direction.

"I know, you moping about lady Yoon. But you can't appear at your wedding with your face like that." Bogum-gun raised his voice.

"Like what?" asked Yi Kang in a strained voice.

Bogum-gun let out a forced laugh. "Like you attend a funeral," he said, a hint of mockery edging his mouth.

Yi Kang's body tensed. His formerly calm face was disturbed by a hard tightening of his jaw. "She is the eldest daughter of minister war."

Bogum-gun rolled his eyes. "Exactly. She is Yoon So Gwang's eldest daughter. Even if you are the crown prince, you can't offend the minister of war. Do you know how big the power he is holding?"

"I know. I'm not stupid," said Yi Kang. His shoulder slumped.

"Just treat her politely. She is just a pawn in this game of power. Don't you feel sorry for her? If you could treat her right, she won't be harsh when lady Yoon enters the palace." Bogum-gun drilled his brother with a penetrating stare. Yi Kang shook his head and avoided his brother's eyes.

"Well, Yoon So Gwang must hate his eldest daughter. He seems like a decent person, but using your own daughter to pull down your enemy is something else. He really surprised me," said Yi Kang, a look of scorn flashing across his face.

"Me too. I'm surprised Minister Yoon allowed his daughter to be the crown princess. He is the only decent person on the Debi-mama side." Bogum-gun face crinkled in confusion.

Yi Kang snorted. He leaned back, scowling, his eyebrow a black bar across his face.

"I should probably go back. I promise to have dinner with my mother. Good luck for tomorrow, hyungnim. Remember, don't mess it up. Treat your wife politely. She could make lady Yoon's future miserable if she wants to." Bogum-gun gave the last warning to his brother.

"I know. Just go! Stop nagging me!" Yi Kang glowered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bogum-gun, do you know the crown prince left his bride on his wedding night?"

Bogum-gun sprayed tea on his mouth.

"Bogum-gun!!!" Consort Tae shouted. Her eyes looked stern. She reached out for a handkerchief, glaring at his son while wiping her face.

"I'm sorry Eoma-mama, what you said made me shocked." Bogum-gun reached his own handkerchief. He helped his mother wipe her face.

Consort Tae sighed. "Right? You're not the only one who was surprised. Did the crown prince hate his bride?"

The crown prince didn't hate his bride. He was just madly in love with someone else.

"Eoma-mama, how do you know about this?" Bogum-gun glanced up enquiringly into her mother's eyes.

"I'm sure all the people in the palace will know about this. It spread like wildfires."