When strange things happen....

POV Gemma

It was early in the morning, when I stood up and went to the kitchen, to prepare Cady's school snack. "Elsie", I commanded my home assistant, "turn the lights on. Elsie?", I asked again after a short moment,  when the device does not react as expected. "Elsie, turn the lights on!" I sighed, as my home assistant still doesn't react. "Okay, then I have to do it alone", I said to myself and turned on the light. 

After I did prepare the school snack for Cady, I went upstairs, to wake her up. "Cady?", I knocked cautiously on the door and opend it. "Cady", I pulled back the covers. Cady moaned and rubbed her eyes, went in the bathroom, got ready and after that, she came downstairs and put the school snack in her bag. "Ready for school?", I asked Cady. "Yes", she nodded and starts to put her shoes on, as "Elsie" suddenly made itself felt. Cady clung to me. "Gemma, what -?", she began to ask, but then "Elsie" starts.... to sing? 

"You shoot me down - but I won't fall,
I am titanium...." 

"No, no, no!", Cady started to whine, "this couldn't be! Gemma, it's her! She's ..... she's...." "Shhhh", I tried to comfort her, "we destroyed M3GAN, do you remember? We destroyed her. You, me and Bruce. It's not M3GAN." And to Elsie: "Elsie, turn off." The home assistant react faster this time and when "Elsie" shuts down, me and Cady left the house. 

On the way to Cady's school, we both remained silent about this strange thing, what happend at home. I know, I said, that it wasn't M3GAN, but I know it better. I know, that it was M3GAN, but I don't wanted to scare Cady more and more. She's just getting used to be without her. 

In front of the school I said "Goodbye" to Cady, and she waved at me, while she was trotting to the entry of the school. After she disappeared, I started the engine and driving back home again. 

After I returned home, I picked up the phone and call Tess. 

Gemma: "Hi Tess, it's me, Gemma"

Tess: "Gemma - sooo good to hear you. Listen, you have to hurry and come here the direct way! The police is here and investigating for the deaths of David and Kurt. I'm sure, they have questions for you." 

Gemma: Yeah - I'm on my way, but - uhm - this isn't why I'm calling you." 

Tess: "What's the problem, Gemma?" 

I listened to the silence, before answering: "Okay - uhm... I believe, that M3GAN's still here." 

Tess:  "M3GAN? Didn't you tell, you and your niece had destroy her? Are you sure, she is? Maybe you hallucinating". 

Gemma: "Oh, you could be sure, that I wish, it was only a hallucination, but.... our home assistant, Elsie, did something, what only M3GAN have done for Cady. You know, I really thought, we destroyed M3GAN, but it seems, she's still here." 

Tess: "When you're right, you and your niece are really in danger. Okay, okay - don't let on and come to the company. You're safe here!" 

I hanged up the phone with a short "Right, see you there" and grabbed the car keys. I wanted to open the front door, as - 

"Hello Gemma, did you miss me?" 

I spun around in shock. This metallic voice..... could it be....? "M-M3GAN.....?" I asked and was afraid of the answer. "Right, Gemma", the familiar voice sounded again. "Didn't I tell you? I'm always here to protect Cady. At least until that date, when you and Cady had betray me. I don't want to protect Cady anymore. I want revenge, Gemma. And revenge is, what I will get." "L-leave us alone, M3GAN!", I anxious said. "I won't", M3GAN answered and her metallic voice sounded cold now. "Elsie!", I took all my courage and tried to reach my house assistant. "Elsie, turn off! Now!" "Elsie is not at home anymore, Gemma", M3GAN said. "It's only me." 

I knew, that M3GAN would stop me by leaving the house. "Leave us alone, M3GAN!", I said again to her. "At first I kill you, then Cady", she said. 

I had no other choice. And so I pull the plug out of the socket. I know, that this wouldn't stop M3GAN, but at first, we were safe.