Results

Harry pov

Turns out that we have been in the hospital for the past few hours. I am sitting in a bed waiting for the results to the tests.

I can hear the door open and someone walk in. I shift on the bed trying to look as small as possible. I let out a silent sob as I curl into myself.

Eventually I zone back into my surroundings and hear the doctor talking to the officer. "He has several broken bones that were not healed correctly, bruises, scars and burns. It also shows that he is severely malnourished and dehydrated. His bone scans show that he is about 9 years old even though he looks about 4 physically. Lastly scans show that he lost his sight recently to blunt force trauma."

I feel the officer shift in the seat beside me and feel something wet hit my hand. "We will use this to make sure his relatives get thrown in jail." I feel him get up and leave. I suddenly am filled with loneliness again and feel the need to stretch my wings. I pull my wings tighter into the feeling of hiding them and pull the hospital blanket up.

One week later

The officer picked me up from the hospital and is now taking me to an orphanage because none of my relatives wanted me. He buckles me up in a car seat before starting to drive.

I hear the voice I heard on that fateful night again. "Soon, you will be safe just a little bit more waiting to go." I let a slight smile onto my face as we go on the long drive.

When we finally get there the officer unbuckles me and picks me up taking me inside. I hear several doors open and close before I am set on a seat.

"Welcome to wools orphanage and who might this little one be?"

"We don't quite know. He was rescued from an abusive home and he doesn't know his name nor did the doctor have any hospital records of his name."

"Oh, that is unfortunate. Is there anything else I should know about?"

"He is newly blind so he may need some help around or some lessons on how to get around while blind."

"Very well I will have one of the older kids take him to a room. Lila! Come take this child to the room!" She yells. I curl into myself at the noise but quickly fix my posture.

Soon the door opens and some one grabs my hand and drags me out of the room. "Your room is in the basement." She says as she drags me through the orphanage. She opens the door and pushes me down. I roll down the stairs hearing my arm snap.

I get up without a sound and run my hand along the wall until I hit a door. I feel the door for a handle. I run my hand along a placard that seems old. I feel the letters. T...o...m.. Tom. I open the door and walk in feeling around until I find the bed.