Alarm

Severus pov

I get called into my lords office. Most people thought he died that fateful October night but he did not. I open the door to reveal a concerned Tom Riddle.

"You called me my lord." I say while slipping to one knee.

"The alarm for magical children I set at my old orphanage just went off. You need to go retrieve the poor child before they find out about their magic. It could be any child from the last 5 days as it sometimes takes a bit to detect magic."

I nod before heading out the door. First I go to my home to get muggle clothes before traveling to the ophanage. I walk in and am greeted by a middle aged woman that could put Delores Umbrige to shame.

"Good morning how can I help you."

"I am looking to adopt a child."

"Lovely. Let me get the files." She practically skipped out of the room.

She returned with a large tub full of files. It was sorted by when they came. I go straight to the side with this year written on it and grab all of the files. I sort through them until I get three that were from the last 5 days. One was 13 so that's out or they would have already started school. The other two are possible. One is a John doe and the other is named Liliana Simins. The John doe is 9 and Lily is 2.

"May I meet these two?" I say pointing at the files.

I see her eyes flicker with disgust at the John doe file before it turns back to chipperness. "Of course let me get them for you." She says before she leaves the room.

She comes back in with a little blonde girl. I feel the air around her to see if I can detect magic. I don't detect even a drop. I shake my head and she takes the little girl right back.

I wait for a while until she comes back in with her hand barely touching the boy. The minute he walks in I feel a large influx of magic. It fills the air especially gathering around one of his arms and his back. I look through the magic to see a little boy with silky black hair who looks about 4.

"Hello little one." I say to the boy. He looks towards me with with big green unfocused eyes. I finally realized who I am looking at.

The wizarding world's savor, the boy who lived, the son of my bully and my crush, Harry James Potter. He looks so broken. What happened to the spoiled brat, the boy who wanted for nothing, the boy who was living in luxury. All I see here is a small broken child.