Learning to See

Harry POV

After the test thing I was taken back to the house and put on the bed that I had slept on last night. "Have a nap today has been a lot." Tom says before he walks out of the room.

I lay on the bed not particularly tired when the lady in my mind talks. "Would you like to learn how see?"

"Yes." I respond in my mind.

"Okay, you know the feeling you have when you hide your wings?"

"Yes."

"Well trace that feeling back to the source." I close my eyes and feel the path back. It comes to the center of my body right below my ribcage.

" I found it what next?"

"Magic is all around us, I am going to teach you how to use your magic to see the magic around you. Thus allowing you to see the world around you."

"How do I do that?"

"Take the source you found and push a little bit of it out of your body."

I mentally grab a little bit of it and push it out of body. I open my eyes and still see black. I frown. "I still can't see." I pout.

"Well that is because you haven't told your magic what to do so it is just floating around you. You need to focus your magic on allowing you to see."

I change it from just pushing it out to have in spread out with intent of letting me see around. I open my eyes again and see the room. Not like the normal way though. The room is all detailed in gold like someone sketched the room in gold. I can see where everything is. I gently step to the floor and walk to the bathroom. I spread out my magic again and look at the placement of everything in the bathroom.

After a couple of minutes I go back to my bed. I look around the room at everything when suddenly it goes dark again. "What happened?"

"You need to practice so it will last for as long as want. You have not used your magic for this so it takes more energy to keep it going. If you practice you will be able to do it with very little thought and energy." I nod and sink into the bed my tiredness finally hitting.