Kurapika and leorio

As the sun rises beneath the sky, Gon and the other three got ready for the hunter exam. A few hours later the ship has arrived at whale Island. As Gon says his goodbye to his Aunt Mito, he and his new friends went off.

"Bye everyone! I'm gonna come back and become the best hunter!" Gon shouted as the ship starts taking off.

"This kid thinks it's gonna be easy." A sailor snarled.

"Like this bitch thinks he will pass." Yusuke said cooly.

"Yea I'm a strong fierce man." Kuwabara said in confidence.

All the other sailors started to laugh as Gon and his friends ignore them.

"What are you doing Katsuo?" A sailor sneered as he knocked him over as the other sailors started laughing.

"SHUT THE HELL UP! YOU'RE BURSTING MY EARDRUMS!!" Yusuke shouted angrily. 'They're even more annoying than Kuwabara.'

"Hey losers don't slack off!" A man with a big red nose snapped.

"Hey Kuwabara even the captain thinks they're pathetic." Yusuke laughed.

"A storm is coming." Gon observes.
"How can you tell boy?" The captain asked out of curiosity. "The seagulls says so. Plus I can smell it." Gon points out.

"Hey kid are you a dog or something?" Yusuke asks jokingly.

"This boy is really something else." Botan grinned.

"Well Gon, you must have helped save our lives." Kuwabara says as he ruffle Gon's hair as he laughs a little.

As the storm starts to rage, the sailors started to get unwell.
"Here take an herb. It will make you feel better." Gon says in a calm voice.

"These sailors are so pathetic. They think they could pass the hunter exam." Yusuke says as he chuckles.
"Here's some water, Gon, for the unwell." Botan says.
"Thanks a lot Botan."

"Kuwabara, sick already?" Yusuke says in a mocking tone.
"Shut up Urameshi!" He shouted.

There is a hammock with a blonde boy laying on it while reading a book. There goes a tall man with black hair and is wearing a tuxedo.
"That is one sour apple!" The tall man says. "Who is this hot girl?" He says to Botan.
"Hey Botan! That's the same man looking at a magazine full of sexy ladies." Yusuke mocks.
"Who the hell are you kid! You didn't have to make that comment!" He shouted.

"Boys. Am I right?" Botan said to the blonde boy who thought he was a girl.

"Oh for your information, I'm actually a boy." Kurapika says in a gentle tone.

"Oh wait really? Well I do apologize for mistaking your gender." Botan apologizes as she blushes out of embarrassment.

A little time skip

As Gon and his friends plus the blonde boy and the tall man entered a smaller room the captain says "Tell me what your names are."

"I'm Gon!" He said eagerly
"I'm Kurapika." The blonde boy said.
"The names Leorio." The tall man said with irritation.
"My names Botan."
"You can call me Kuwabara."
"Names Yusuke. "

"Now tell me why you guys want to become hunters." The captain commanded.

"Hey what's the third degree! You're not an examiner!" Leorio snapped. As Yusuke, Kuwabara and Botan just stood there awkwardly.
"Just answer the question dummy." The captain said irritated.

"My dad is a hunter." Gon exclaimed.

"Hey kid! You don't have to tell him nothing!" Leorio yelled as he pressed his finger on Gon's forehead.

"Why? it's not a secret or anything." Gon said.

"I think I'm starting to miss Hiei." Kuwabara whispered to Yusuke and Botan. "That's nothing, I'm really enjoying the drama." Yusuke whispered back. "Oh dear. The hunter exam hasn't even started yet." Botan muttered as she sweat dropped.

"I'm afraid I agree with Leorio." Kurapika spoke up.

"Hey show some respect for your elders!" Leorio snapped.

"It's quite simple to dodge the pesky question by offering a plausible lie."

"Hey are you listening to me?"

"That said if I were to tell you the truth, I would be exposing my darkest secrets. That's why I can't provide an answer."

"So in other words, you two refuse to answer my question." The captain said.
"Hey Katsuo,tell the examination board we have two more dropouts."
"Aye captain."

Kurapika and leorio has a shocked look on their faces.

"What do you mean?" Leorio asks.

"You still haven't figured it out?" The hunter exam has already begun." The captain said.

"Wait what?" Kuwabara said bewildered.

"There are many hunter wannabes as there stars in the sky. The examiners don't have the time or resources to review them all, so they hire people like us to trim the fat." The captain explained.

Then Kurapika explains his reasoning to be a hunter. "I am the last survivor of the Kurta clan. Four years ago, my clan was annihilated by a band of criminals.  I wish to be a hunter to hunt down the phantom troupe." His eyes started to flash scarlet red.
"The phantom troupes a class A bounty. Not even professional hunters can reach them. That's a suicide mission." The captain said.
"I do not fear death. I fear that my rage will fade over time." Kurapika said calmly.

"So in other words you want revenge. Does that require you to become a hunter?" Leorio said.

"That is the stupidest question I've ever heard Leorio." Kurapika said coldly.

"Ha! He's even dumber than Kuwabara!" Yusuke said mockingly.

"That's Mr Leorio to you!" He snapped.

"So Mr Leorio, why do you wish to become a hunter?" Gon asked like a curious little kid.

"I want money!" Leorio exclaimed simply.

"If only you could buy upper class." Kurapika stated mockingly.

"Haha! Gee this blondie has humor after all." Yusuke said.

"That's it! It's time to finish the filthy Kurta bloodline once in for all!" Leorio yelled.

"Take that back Leorio!" Kurapika said angrily. "I said take it back!"

"It's Mr Leorio."

As Kurapika and Leorio step outside to fight. The captain tries to persuade them, but then Gon stated "If you want to get to know someone, you got to know what makes them angry. "

"So this green kid has brain cells after all." Yusuke says jokingly.
"Woah there Gon, who told you that?" Kuwabara asks.
"It was my aunt Mito who taught me that."

"So you three, why do you wish to become hunters?" The captain asks.

"Well the thing is.. I- um- it's kind of complicated-" Botan stammers. "We teleported into this giant portal and found this green kid and just followed him." Yusuke says shortly.
"Whatever he said." Kuwabara bluntly said.

Timeskip
After dawn, the ship is about to land at their destination.

"How reckless can you be?" Kurapika says to Gon.
"Well you guys did catch me." Gon said sheepishly.
"Hey Guys." Katsuo panted.
"Thank you guys so much for saving my life." He grinned.
"Please no thanks necessary." Kurapika said.
"It was an honor to save you." Botan grinned.
Kurapika turns to smile at Leorio.
"What?" He says bewildered.
"I'm just embarrassed about my behavior." Kurapika says in embarrassment.
"I want to say thank you Mr Leorio."
Leorio face turns a little pink. "Drop the Mister, Leorio is fine."

"From enemies to lovers." Yusuke said.
"Shut up Yusuke! You're not funny!" Leorio yells as Kurapika chuckles. "Yay finally! Land home!" Botan exclaims.