first phase pt.1

As the sun grins brightly into the blue sky at Zabon city, the kiriko navigator led the six hunter examines to the hunter exam site. The navigator looks at a piece of paper and says "I think this it it." He says as he points a the tall building.

"Woah it's so huge!" Gon exclaims.

"It is indeed magistic!" Botan nodded in agreement as she grins.

"So this is the exam site.." Leorio says with a lace of amusement.

"You know I'm glad that we followed that green kid." Yusuke said.

"Hey guys over there." The navigator spoke.

As the navigator lead the six to a small restaurant, they looked at it bewildered.

"Wait, this isn't funny." Leorio jokes.

"You're telling me this old beat up grandpa restaurant is the exam site? Seriously?" Yusuke said annoyed.

"I agree with Urameshi, what is this beat up place?" Kuwabara says disappointed.

"It's like the hunter exam's a secret place." Botan said as she nodded in agreement.

"That's right, the hunter exam committee chooses somewhere different every year, making it difficult for people to find the exam." The navigator explained.

Time skip...

"I can't wait for that stake combo!" Gon said happily as they all walked into the room.

"Actually, that steak combo does sound pretty good! At least it's a free meal." Yusuke said with excitement.
"That was just the password to get in, there is no steak combo." Kurapika told them.

"Awwh, but I was hungry, darn!" Kuwabara sadly spoke, rubbing his stomach.

"Aww, so we don't get to eat?" Gon said sadly.

Suddenly Kurapika and Leorio started arguing about which kind of hunter is politically correct as everyone else in the room sweat dropped. Then Yusuke's eye twitched out of annoyance.

"GON! WHAT KIND OF HUNTER WILL YOU BE?!" Kurapika and Leorio both shouted at Gon, making him nervously laugh. Suddenly the elevator door let out a buzz, indicating the boys were at their destination, making gon sigh in relief.

As they all walked out of the elevator, they looked around, noticing the gloomy vibe that was given off.
"Excuse me!" Gon suddenly shouted, making everyone only silently glare at him.
"It seems everyone here is super friendly." Yusuke said in sarcasm as they walked away from the elevator, until a small green creature walked towards them.

"Here is your badges, make sure you don't lose them." The green creature instructed. Botan's badge says '400', Yusuke's '401', Kuwabara '402', Leorio '403', Kurapika '404', and Gon '405'.

"Don't think I've seen you guys before." Grinned that same middle aged man from before.
"Yo!"
"How can you tell that were new?" Gon questions.
"Eww! Why does he look like my left nipple?" Yusuke jokes.
"Yusuke is that really appropriate?" Kurapika said irritated as the others sweat dropped.
"I've try the exam 35 times." Tonpa said proudly.
"You've tried 35 times?!?!" Everyone said in shock.
"Huh! What a loser." Yusuke said.
"It sounded like he rehearse saying that." Botan added.
"You could say that I'm an exam veteran." Tonpa grinned.
"This is something not to brag about." Said Leorio and Kuwabara.
"Indeed." Kurapika nodded.
"Are you the only one who took this exam many times or are there others?" Gon says with a lace of curiosity.

As Tonpa explains the other applicants, there was suddenly a man screaming in pain as his arms vanished into flower petals.

"My, how unusual~ it seems that this poor man's arms had turned into flower petals~ now you see them now you don't. Do take care and you should apologize when you bump into someone." The clown announced as all the applicants started murmering.

"Just great the psychos back again." Tonpa said disappointing as he explains that the clown who happens to be a magician is named Hisoka and how he was disqualified for almost killing an examiner he didn't like.

"Well he sure does looks dangerous." Leorio commented.
"He looks like he's high on drugs and would smell like nickels, it freaks me out." Yusuke replied.

As Tonpa gives them the juice for a toast of their new 'friendship', Gon sips the juice then spits it out.
"Um Mr Tonpa I think this juice has expired." Gons says.
"Seriously! That was a close one!" Leorio yelled.
"This drink tastes like it came out of someones ass!" Yusuke replies.
"You saved my life!" Kuwabara spat.
"Thank you Gon for saying something. That was a close one." Replied Botan as Kurapika spills the juice on the ground.

Then suddenly Yusuke sees Kurama and Hiei.

"Huh? Kurama and Hiei! How the hell did you get here?" Yusuke questions as he approaches them.

"Yusuke. So we did teleport to the same portal after all." Kurama says calmly.
"Oh great, the two imbiciles finally show up, I was hoping you wouldn't." Hiei told them.
"Kurama and Hiei? How the heck did you get here?" Kuwabara questions.

"Hi Yusuke and Kuwabara." Gon greeted. "Who are these two? Are they your friends?"

"Hey there! Who are you guys?" Leorio asks as he and Kurapika approaches to Kurama and Hiei.
"Oh great, another Kuwabara, this will be harder to deal with than I thought." Hiei spoke, mentioning to Leorio.

"What the hell you talking about shortie?" Leorio said being offended.
"Is that suppose to be an insult?" Kuwabara questions.
"This is Kurama and Hiei." Botan introduces the three to them.
"It's nice to meet you two. I'm Gon."
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Kurama says calmly as Gon shakes his hand.
"Woah who's this hot chick?" Leorio exclaims glancing at Kurama.
"Uh that's a man." Kuwabara says awkwardly. "Wait what?" Leorio questions bewildered.
Yusuke and Kuwabara burst out laughing, making Leorio Blush in embarrassment as Botan sweat drops. "Hey cut it out!! I didn't know!"

"You are a bigger idiot than Kuwabara for thinking Kurama is a girl." Hiei told Leorio, being straight forward as Kurama smiles very awkwardly.

"I feel quite foolish for thinking of him being a girl." Kurapika muttered as he blushes out of embarrassment.

As a loud bell rings, there shows a man with short purple hair, a purple tuxedo and a thin mustache and has no mouth.

"I apologize for the delay. The first phase shall now begin." The man announces. He informs the applicants that some of them might throw their lives away, so he gives them a chance to go to the elevator, but no one took a step.

"Very well all 404 applicants shall now follow me." The man instructed.

Everyone began to follow him as the pace started to quicken....