Seven's Fate Pt. 2

I get away from Romero and his simmering rage as the meeting comes to an end. I want to know why Kimori is losing sleep. It would be great if I could flip him to our side. He has too many friends within the bullets though. His father would ultimately make things even worse.

Nonetheless, I move in on him. I walk up to Kimori and before he can crack a smile, I place my palm on his cheek. Before he can speak I have to touch.

"Why do you look so tired?"

"Why do you look so tired?" We ask each other at the same time and giggle about it.

I shrug it off so that he has to respond.

"Von made this rule," Kimori starts and my eyebrows perk up at the sound of his name. "He said that... I can't touch myself."

Now I'm really excited. So the cause of Kimori's dazzling but sinking eyes, his constant yawning, and his overall quietness– is a lack of self-indulgence. It's a basic human right. Von should be ashamed of himself, but it's also kinda funny.

"Why would he do such a thing?" I gasp.

I feel so bad for Kimori I instantly decide to help him. Sex never had much meaning to me. Then I realized it feels so fucking good when you do it with someone you actually care about.

"It's my fault," Kimori groans. "I'm being punished."

He looks over at Mia's retreating frame longingly. She tucks away to go train and that's one of the best decisions she's made in weeks. I can't understand her grief.

But her father had such a nice image of me. He didn't even realize I was a member of the gang he was hunting. To him, I was this college-bound Christian boy. I'll miss being seen as someone so innocent.

I drag Kimori across the lobby by his wrist. It probably looks like we're just playing around as always. I love to play. I lead him to the room with the pool tables and slots. Gambles and sin stain the carpet, so I pull him toward a bench in the back.

"You gotta get a grip. People will notice, not just me," I warn Kimori. No one pays as close attention as I do.

"I don't know, Seven..."

"No, if you let him see you like this he'll keep doing it. He's testing you." That might not be the right word for it, I decide after I've said it.

Von may very well be trying to break Kimori. He's good at spotting our weaknesses. Kimori is so sensitive to physical touch that it alters his entire mental state. There has to be some kind of balance.

As our leader, Von can be so strict sometimes. Always intense, he means every word he says. Kimori is scared of the retaliation he'd get from going against his orders. Von is intimidating in every way possible. It's hard to stand by and watch him do it but it's easy to be glad it's not me.

I lean towards Kimori and he's unwavering against the wall, unable to sense my intentions. His smooth skin smells like fruit and jojoba oil. I want a taste.

"Let me help you," I say.

"What?!" Kimori flashes that signature bunny smile and it looks absolutely adorable.

He's a lot taller than me and even while looking up at him, he's innocently endearing. Oversized clothes hiding defined muscles. He rubs the back of his head before thumbing one of the rings in his earlobe. He's considering it.

I pull back and sigh like I'm really wracking my brain over this. "I wish Mia was here. Her mouth feels heavenly–"

"No!" Kimori yells before he can shove a partially covered fist in his mouth. "I mean– I just can't. She can't see me like this. Not when I'm like this... I'd be too much."