Chapter 1

"Stop touching that," Hakuto scolds me. I move my hand away from my neck, where a long scar is. I can't remember how I got that. Apparently, Hakuto was at school when it happened, so he doesn't know either.

"Anyways, back to problem 22," Hakuto looks back at the textbook flipped open in front of us. No matter how busy he was, he always taught me the things he learned at school, saying I needed education whether I was in school or not. I look at the math book with bored eyes, it has pieces of paper on it to cover up the answers Hakuto already wrote at school.

"Um... 6√26?" I answer with an unsure look.

"Yes!" Hakuto says with a smile, "You can be more confident in your answers though,"

"Hakuto, your friends are here?" Natsuki calls out with a puzzled voice.

"Huh?" Hakuto stands up and closes the door to his room. I tilt my head a bit. Hakuto never invites his friends over, as Dad and Mom don't want others to know about me. I hear the muffled voices outside the room, and I lean closer to the door.

"How... did you guys get here?" Hakuto asks.

"We saw you come here so, here we are!" I hear a voice say with excitement.

"You can't, I mean, you can, but I, my parents wouldn't allow this..." Hakuto says with a hint of sadness in his voice. I feel a sudden pang of guilt since I know I'm the reason his friends can't be here. I hear footsteps and Hakuto's desperate voice getting closer to the room I'm in, the sounds getting louder and louder. I quickly hide myself in the closet, dark and dusty.

"Wait!" Hakuto shouts as his friends open the door.

"Huh, there's nothing," Someone says, sounding disappointed.

"Or he could be hiding something," Someone else says, snickering a bit. That's when someone opens the closet door.

'If I'm caught, I'm dead,' I think, bringing my knees closer to my body, not daring to breathe. A male's face appears and looks around. I close my eyes, scared to meet the other's.

"Stop it," Hakuto says, laughing a bit, "I'm not hiding anything,"

"Well, you can act less suspicious about it then," His friend says. With a last look around the closet, he closes the door again. I take in slow and quiet breaths, afraid that the sound would somehow leak out.

Time Skip

"Haneki?" Hakuto calls my name and I stand up, bumping my head on the low closet ceiling.

"You can come out now," He says reassuringly. I slowly make my way out, looking left and right. Hakuto immediately starts brushing dust off of my hair, having a sorry look.

'Why do you look sorry?' I want to ask, 'You did nothing wrong,' But I stay quiet.

"I guess you can continue your math tomorrow," He says, and I smile.

(468 words)

It doesn't feel like it yet, but this is a Jujutsu Kaisen fanfic. Just a little reminder :)