Chapter 31

Fushiguro's dogs attack first, landing right on the Spirit's face. The dogs look tiny compared to the Spirit, but they're surely stronger. The Spirit's eye widens as it tries to avoid the attack, but of course, it can't move at all.

"Aim for the eye!" Fushiguro shouts at me, and I nod, aiming my landing point at the eye.

When I land feet first on the giant eyeball, the Spirit lets out a deafening shriek, "Krrrrkk!!!!!" I transfer Cursed Energy into my fist and start punching. The Spirit yells out in pain with every swing, and I can't stop smiling. If I can't kill Itami for Hakuto, killing other spirits will do.

I activate my power again, and suddenly, I can see streams of Cursed Energy everywhere.

"Fushiguro, behind you," I alarm him as I see the flow of Energy getting faster. Fushiguro dodges the attack seconds before it happens, and he nods me a small thanks.

"Shake!" Toge lands beside me and helps me deal more damage.

"Why isn't it dying already?" I ask over the shrieks. It's been about a minute of nonstop punching and clawing, yet the Spirit is alive.

"Tuna mayo, ikura?" Toge suggests.

[Maybe we're attacking the wrong spot?]_Inumaki

"If only Gojo-sensei told us more about the Spirit," I complain angrily. If the Spirit was one of a lower rank, Toge's Cursed Speech could have easily killed it already.

"I'm going to go check out the other room," Fushiguro suddenly says, standing up.

[There's something in there]_Fushiguro

He runs across the Spirit's head onto its shoulder and disappears into a room. His dogs follow him. I leave Inumaki to the eyeball and head towards the part where Fushiguro was attacking. The bloody wound was starting to heal already.

"Krrr!!" A giant hand suddenly emerges from the wound and lunges to grab me. I jump back and land safely on the ground.

"Takana?" Inumaki asks, and I nod. Then the hand comes at me again. It rushes past Inumaki and heads straight toward me, ready to grab me off the ground.

"F*cking hand," I say as I dodge the attack and land one of my own. My punch blows the hand off the wrist, blood squirting in all directions.

"Sujiko tuna, takana?"

[Where is Fushiguro? Is he fine?]_Inumaki

"Hmm yeah," I say, "Where is he? He should be back by now, right?" Hearing that, Inumaki gives me a nervous glance. And that's enough to set me running towards the room Fushiguro went in.

"Don't move," I hear Inumaki order from behind me. Guess the hands are after him now.

"What?" I skid to a stop as I notice that the room is blocked by a wall of flesh. How big is this Spirit?!

"Fushiguro?!" I call, "You there?" No response. Where is he?

I try again, "Fushiguro! Say something!" Nothing.

"F*ck," I punch the Spirit in frustration and earn another screech. Then I calm myself down and focus on trying to read Fushiguro's mind. He should be sending some kind of distress signal if he's in trouble, right?

[Yummy looking humannnnn~]_Spirit

Nope.

[I hope they're both fine]_Inumaki

Not this one.

[Somebody help!!! Anyone there?! Helpppp!!!]_???

Not the usual Fushiguro-style thought. I'm about to continue searching for Fushiguro's mind when I stop. Wait. Help?

(518 words)

sry. it sucks. how do other people write battle scenes so welllllllll :/