1.

(Athena and Luna are both 21)

The soft embers of Athena's dying fire glow through the trees, catching the eye of a thief who was weakly walking through the trees.

Curious, The thief walks over slowly, Keeping her footsteps silent.

She notices how large the person is and their pointed ears.

"Huh..I've never seen a elf giant hybrid before.." She thinks, creeping closer to the person. Luna carefully grabs the roasted chicken from the fire, the person had been slowly roasting it over the fire before they'd fallen asleep.

Luna takes a bite of the chicken and starts devouring it, starving and so very grateful of the food.

"Get your hands off my food." The person growls, a sword against Luna's neck before she could react.

"please..i'm starving.." Luna says quietly, her stomach growling loudly to confirm.

The person glares at them before lowering their and putting it back in its sheath. "Eat."

Luna gives the person a confused but grateful look then finished the chicken.

The person watches their every move, Their green eyes staring into Luna's brown eyes.

"How long has it been since you'd eaten?" The person asks, a hint of concern to their voice.

"A week..a little over a week actually.."

"Can I offer you a deal then?"

Luna hesitates but nods in response, Not sure how to take A elf giant hybrid offering her a deal is going to go.

"If you help me complete this..mission. I was sent on. I could offer you food and protection whilst you help me and possibly after as well."

"Can you tell me your name before I answer?" Luna asks hesitantly, Having an idea of who this might be.

"I'm Athena. Athena Grey. What's your name?" Athena knows as soon as she says it now there's no way they would take up her offer.

"I'm Luna, And I'd love to help you with your mission."

Athena smiles and nods, "Thank you."

"Of course! Now, Where are we headed?"

"You see the ruins over there?" Athena points to a structure of barely held up ruins, it being easy to see through the trees. "We're gonna go there, Be extra careful because it's all trapped okay?"

Luna admired Athena as the hybrid packed her bags. She took notice of the girls dark green eyes and how her ginger hair complimented the color so well. She also took notice of Athena's build, How she had strong arms and legs and looked like she could pick Luna up with ease. Luna couldn't tear her gaze away from her, Just admiring the way Athena looked.

Athena chuckles and snaps infront of Luna's face, "Let's go, Luna. Before it gets dark hm?"

She nods in response and stands up, realizing that she went up to a little above Athena's waist. That's how tall Athena was and if there was one thing that killed Luna the Lesbian it was tall muscular tall woman.

"You alright?" Athena asks with a slight smirk. Luna's face turns a light red and she shakes her head no. "Okay then Luna, Let's get to those ruins."

Luna quickly packs up her bag and follows after Athena, Her face getting redder.

"Luna, When we get into the ruins I need you to watch your steps very carefully and don't touch anything, Okay?" Luna nods in response and they walk close to the ruins.

Athena pushed a large rock aside with ease, Luna walking into the ruins and tracing her hand over the carvings on the wall but remembering what Athena said and pulling her hand away.

"It's over here I believe.." Luna stares up at a wall of carvings as Athena looks through century old shelves of books.

"What are we looking for again?" She asks, Not tearing her gaze away from the wall.

"We're looking for a book and a gem. I can't tell you the reasons why so don't bother asking."

"You need this for the king right? Why do you even work for him..he's abusive and cruel and only married the queen for power and money."

Athena passes off the question, refusing to answer. She pushes open a hidden doorway and walks through, Luna sighing and following after.

"Why didn't you answer the question? i'm genuinely curious and if i'm gonna help you you're gonna have to answer some of the questions-"

Athena stops walking and turns around, Luna immediately shutting up in fear she pissed off a giant.

"You have three questions. Say them now." She says, Crossing her arms.

"Why do you work for the king? Are you the assassin Athena? Where'd you get all your scars from?" Luna mumbles, letting out a sigh of relief that she didn't piss Athena off.

"I work for the kind because I owe him my life. Yes, I am the former assassin. I got the scars from the same person I work for. Is there anymore important questions you'd like to ask?" Athena's stern face slips into sad for a spilt second before her mask of stern comes back.

"You got your scars from the King?" Luna's voice shakes slightly as she says this.

"I told you only three-" Athena gets cut off by Luna hugging her tightly. Her eyes widen as she looks down at the girl. "What are you doing.."

"You looked like you needed a hug." Luna smiles softly.

"I'm not really a hug person.."

"Oh..sorry-.." Luna pulls away, Looking down at the ground instead of up at Athena.

"It's fine. Let's just go get the artifacts." They continue to walk down the hallway in silence, Luna looking down at her hands.

"In here." Athena walks into a room, Luna not noticing that she stepped over a tripwire. Luna stumbles over the tripwire, a loud snapping sound being heard.

A book shelf slides open quickly and arrows fly right towards Luna. She closes her eyes and feels two arms wrapped around her, followed by a sharp intake of breath.

Shaking, Luna opens her eyes and looks up.

"Athena..?"