5.

It'd been three days since they'd escaped from the castle. Athena was stable and healing. Luna had been staying close to Athena throughout the days because of worry for her. It'd taken a lot of convincing to get her to sleep.

Luna woke up to the door creaking open slowly and someone climbing into bed with her. She looks over to see Athena next to her.

"Athena!" Luna hugs her tightly, Athena smiling and wrapping her arms tightly around Luna.

"Sorry-" She says as she remembers what Athena said about hugs and she tries to pull away. Athena holds onto her tightly, not letting her move away. "I thought you weren't a hug person..?" Luna asks, looking up at Athena.

"I'm not, I only like your hugs." Luna smiles warmly and holds onto her tightly.

"I'm glad you're okay Luna.." Athena mumbles in her tired, just woken up voice. Luna's heart skips a beat and her face turns red at the voice.

"You should go back to sleep Athena.." Luna says softly, her face buried in Athena's shirt.

"mhm.." Luna drifts off to sleep, holding onto Athena tightly. Athena smiles warmly and falls to sleep shortly after.

~~~

The next morning Luna woke up to two arms wrapped tightly around her. She looks over to she Athena asleep, Her arms wrapped tightly around Luna's waist and spooning her.

Luna's face turns a deep red and she lays her head back down, Looking down at Athena's hands.

Athena pulls Luna closer to her, Luna feeling her breath on the back of her neck.

"A-Athena.." She mumbles, Her face a deep red.

"Mmm.." Athena hums softly, nuzzling her face into Luna's neck. Luna's face turns redder and she runs her hand through the gingers hair.

"We gotta get up.." Athena lets go of Luna carefully, still laying there but letting go. Luna turns to look at Athena, their faces barely a few inches apart.

Athena's face turns a light red and her eyes flicker down to Luna's lips for a second. She leans in slightly, Luna doing the same before Athena stops, pulling away.

"Let's get you some food." Athena stands up and limps out of the room, Standing outside for a second and trying to get her face to stop turning red.

Luna covers her mouth with her hand, in complete shock of what just happened. She quickly gets up and goes downstairs with Athena.

The two avoid eye contact, both their faces red as tomatoes.

"What happened between you two?" Apollo asks with a slight smirk, noticing their red faces.

"Nothing-" The two say at the same time, Their faces turning redder.

"Mhm sure." He hands them their plates of food. "I have to go into town today and you two need to stay here since the guards still haven't calmed down from when you escaped."

"Can you grab me something from the market?" Athena asks, taking a bite of food.

"I already know what it is so sure. I'll be back in a few hours you two." He grabs his bags and puts his shoes on, "Have fun!"