2.

"Athena..?" Luna looks up at her, Athena looking down at them with a worried look.

"Are you okay?" Athena asks softly, keeping her arms wrapped around Luna. Luna's face turns red and she nods.

"Y-your back.." She pulls away from Athena and turns her around carefully, Arrows sticking out of her back.

"It doesn't hurt that bad.." She mumbles. "We'll stop by my house before we go into the kingdom and get patched up." She starts pulling the arrows out of her back before Luna can stop her.

"Athena- stop..I don't want you to pass out if your back keeps bleeding.." Athena shrugs and grabs the artifact from the center of the room.

"We got what we need so let's go, Be careful on your way out." Athena walks past Luna and Luna hesitates but follows after. The two walk out of the ruins, Luna noticing Athena walking slower and breathing more heavily as they get deeper into the forest.

"Athena you need to rest and let me take care of your back.." Luna says softly, Walking over and grabbing onto her hand.

"No im okay, Just..my cabin is right up there I can make it.." Luna helps Athena towards the cabin and Athena opens the door.

"Go lay down on the couch, Take your shirt off first." Luna realizes how that sounds and her face turns a deep red, "Take your shirt off so I can heal your back I mean- not- not in a weird way-" Athena walks into the house and pulls off her shirt painfully, covering her chest with a blanket and then laying down on the couch.

Luna searches the bathroom for supplies and then walks out, putting a stool next to the couch and setting the supplies down.

"This is gonna sting really badly okay? It won't be long before it's all healed so just-..Stay still.." Athena nods in response and Luna starts to carefully clean the wounds and bandage them.

Athena flinches away as Luna tries to bandage the final wound on her back.

"Hey i'm almost done it's okay.." She holds onto Athena's hand gently for a second before bandaging the final wound.

"Can I..sleep?" Athena mumbles, her eyes already closing.

"Get some rest.." Luna moves some of Athena's hair out of her face as she falls asleep slowly.

"Why did you save me.." Luna trails her hand across Athena's back and then lays her head down on the couch. She admires the freckles along the giants shoulders, back, and face, taking notice of how calm she looked while she was sleeping.

Luna smiles and falls asleep, feeling somewhat safe.

~time skip brought to you by lesbians~

Athena starts to wake up slowly, Luna asleep sitting on the floor with her head laying on  the couch. She lets go of Luna's hand and gets her shirt and bra back on.

"Why'd you help me.." She mumbles, running her hand through Luna's hair gently.

Luna starts to wake up and Athena moves her hand away quickly.

"Oh..You're awake! How's your back?" Luna asks, a soft smile on her face.

"It hurts but I think it'll be okay.."

"I kind of went through the bathroom for supplies, Sorry for that-" Luna starts to rant but Athena stops her.

"Luna."

"Sorry.." Luna looks away quickly, her face red of embarrassment. Athena gently turns Luna's head to look at her.

"It's okay Luna, Thank you for helping." She says with a soft smile. Luna's face turns a bright red at the ginger's smile, Smiling back in return.

"Let's eat some breakfast and then we'll go see the King okay? I did promise you food and protection for helping me." Athena gets up and walks into the kitchen. Luna frowns softly and looks down at the ground. She'd hoped that Athena had saved her yesterday out of kindness, Not because of some stupid deal.

She sighs and walks into the kitchen after Athena.

"Do you live out here all alone?" Luna asks, sitting on the counter top and swinging her legs.

"I do, Just my animals and me. I have stables with cows and sheep out that way and there's chickens and goat near them as well." She says, Turning on the stove and starting to cook some eggs and bacon.

"So you don't go into the town much?"

"Not unless it's for the King. I have everything I need here and the people in town are scared of me so it's miserable whenever I go."

"Oh..Why do they think you're scary?"

"Because I'm a giant and I work for the king. I've helped him in numerous wars and people think I'll kill them if they as much bump into me. Honestly people just think I'm a monster and a disgrace to giants and elves since I'm a mix of both." Luna frowns and puts her hand over Athena's.

"I don't think you're a monster or a disgrace..Yeah sure it was a little scary at first but I realize you weren't gonna hurt me and you were kind to me.."

"Yeah.." Athena smiles at Luna and hands her a plate of food. "Eat up."

Luna takes a bite and smiles warmly at Athena, Athena smiling back in return.